DriveTime Automotive Group - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

This is a great company to work for and I can see myself staying here for the next 20+ years. The culture in the office is amazing and there is plenty of room for advancement and growth.

Cons

There are no negatives at this specific location. At the operation center with regular collections/sales jobs it appears to be a usual call center type of position.

Other Employee Reviews for DriveTime Automotive Group

"Overpriced used cars sold to entrap poor customers in more bad debt"

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a salary plus commission atmosphere and the salary was good for a just out of college job.

Cons

All males at my location except me. Individual sales goals were more than the store would sell in a whole month. Sold an older neon with over 100,000 miles on it and it was more expensive from Drive Time than it was brand new. Very few days off. If you knew a customer was coming in to buy a car on your day off and you had worked with them to find the car, you either had to come in on your day off or trust that the managers would enter in your information so you could get credit for the sale.

Advice to Management

Be honest with the client. Use a reliable vehicle history report. Have enough inventory for the majority of the customers in your area. Like don't load up on high end cars if the majority of the customers can't afford more than a cavalier.

2. "Its a good entry level career opportunity."

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Memphis, TN

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good considering you get base salary plus commission. It is a good entry level position, currently I'm a Sales Advisor which is a good learning role.

Cons

If you dont hit budget its always something you didnt do right or something you could have done more of, and the calls can get tedious. I can make calls but after a while you get irritated.

Advice to Management

Stop being so critical, other than that its a cool place to work.