Driveline Retail Merchandising - Driveline changed work acceptance without any notification | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Driveline Retail Merchandising

"Driveline changed work acceptance without any notification"

Former Employee - Team Leader
Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved the stores I serviced

Cons

This was going to be my 2nd season for Driveline until in January when after working a full day for them went to post my work and an Adhere to Work Acceptance that I had to sign to post the jobs I did for that day to get paid. In reviewing this, I would no longer be paid the correct Drivetime and Mileage I was claiming it would be determined by them and how much they would pay me to drive. After numerous emails to my new District manager without a response I finally got through to his manager. There were unkept promises given to me by him and it resulted in getting paid less than 5.00 for Drivetime and mileage combined. With the hourly wage being very low i would be making much less than last season. Gave my 2 week notice and still am getting reports of late projects effecting my performance. Very disappointing and now can see why they have over 4000 openings now!

Advice to Management

Communication and honestly will get you much futher as a company than being dishonest. Most merchandising companies pay you to drive to go to work for them because they hired you for that position and agreed to do that. This company hired me for that position and then over a year later after working very hard for them reduced my pay and unprofessionaly made everyone adhere to an agreement that was not acceptable. This will be a major issue for this company as time goes on if they do not look at the effect and excecution of the projects being done.

Other Employee Reviews for Driveline Retail Merchandising

"Does not care about Employees, you are just a number."

Current Employee - Senior Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Senior Merchandiser

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time (More than a year)

Pros

some what flexable hours, lower management.

Cons

when you hire on the rules will change and they have a job acceptance on every job order. When reading it all you agree to all the changes they want to make. Like mileage, drive time, went from 40 miles aday to 60. Their Bonus is a joke. I worked 21/2 years for them, to be told oh well, we dont want to here your problems. that was from upper management.

Advice to Management

Your employee's are your company. Treat them with some respect. Have an open door policy where they could talk to you or HR. Make them feel like they are appreciated. Don't change policies and sneak it into their work orders.

"Can be a great company to work for with the right amount of work."

Former Employee - Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Merchandiser

I worked at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, no boss breathing down your neck, not alot of interaction with customers which is good if you aren't really into customer service. I loved that I could make my own hours, as long as everything was done on time. I'm a bit of a neat freak, so cleaning, organizing and setting up and prettying up displays was lots of fun for me! I had about 7 stores plus extra tasks as they came, and I LOVED my job. I usually could get everything done Monday through Thursday and had Friday off. The key is having enough stores to look after.

Cons

It can be very time consuming, and if you don't have over 4 stores, it can be a waste of time. You get X amount of minutes/hours to complete each task, and that only includes your store time; not the time it takes you to print out the plans on your own printer, read the plan and prepare for each plan, or the drive time. You can count your mileage on your taxes at the end of the year as well as any expenses in ink, paper, etc. But if you don't have enough stores, then you always go over your allotted time because you have to get acclimated with it. If you have plenty of stores, you know exactly what you are doing by the 3rd store and can make up any overage you had from your other 2 stores. Reporting any overage time is a pain, and you get nagged at by your manager. Also, I was there for around 3 years and never saw a raise.

Advice to Management

Offer quarterly raises for good workers. Only hire as many workers that will be able to make 30-40 hours a week. Offer more time to complete projects.