Dropbox - A great place to work amongst some of the most talented programmers of our generation | Glassdoor

"A great place to work amongst some of the most talented programmers of our generation"

Current Intern - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dropbox for less than a year

Pros

Getting the opportunity to work closely with really bright and motivated people is in itself a strong motivation to perform well at Dropbox. You also really get a sense that you are doing something good for the world, that the work you do has a measurable impact on people using Dropbox, Mailbox, or Carousel. There are also a lot of stellar perks, from the game room, stocked with DDR, foosball, ping pong, and more,... to the amazing Tuck Shop, our cooks and baristas, providing us with a five-star breakfast, lunch and dinner experience. Honestly, the Tuck Shop is better than many restaurants!

Cons

At Dropbox, we have some issues with code quality and in communication between teams on shared projects. As there is a lot of pressure to meet deadlines, at times code modularity and quality has been sacrificed for rapid development. This has come to bite us in the butt at times, as someone has made a change in a shared project which has derailed the work of another team. This is getting better, but still it is as... of yet an unsolved problem, besides having some people whose jobs are actually improving and cleaning up the codebase.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if we had a little more space... Sometimes I feel like there aren't really great places to work besides your desks. I would love having a quite workspace with comfortable chairs where people could come and go but that would always be quiet, just to have the chance to get away from the noise of the office.

Dropbox2014-08-25
  1. "Incredible culture and smart colleagues"

Former Contractor - Analyst

I worked at Dropbox for more than a year

Pros

- Each team is driven by thought-provoking and supportive leadership - There is room to explore interests through side projects and collaborative partnerships with other teams - Work-life balance is stressed by leadership -

Cons

- There wasn't a clear pathway to becoming a full-time employee.

Dropbox2019-10-16
  2. "Great Company"

Former Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dropbox for less than a year

Pros

Great projects and co-workers. Great perks

Cons

None to speak of. Nice environment

Dropbox2019-09-24

Discover more reviews about Dropbox.