Drury Hotels - Very dissatisfied with company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Drury Hotels

"Very dissatisfied with company."

Pros

2 weeks vacation and 5 PDOs after being with the company for a year. Company is not franchised, so it's not to not have to compete with other hotels with the same name; other hotels are always willing to help one another out when they can from what I've seen.

Cons

No balance between work and home life. Some upper-level management has gotten to where they are simply because of the amount of years they have been with the company and not because they are competent and capable of performing the duties required to hold their position while others do a wonderful job and are never promoted, nor told what they need to work on in order to be promoted. Salary is disappointing; after breaking down how many hours I have worked, I make less than some of the hourly employees. Also, the company has such low turnover percentages because management has become afraid to fire any hourly employees because of the repercussions from corporate when your hotel's turnover percentage gets too high.

Advice to Management

Drury prides itself on being family owned and family-focused but has seemed to lost sight in that over the past few years. Start treating salaried team members with a little more respect as we are the ones putting in 60+ hours a week and covering every shift when hourly employees continually call off because they know how to work the attendance point system without getting fired.

Other Employee Reviews for Drury Hotels

"Good overall"

Current Employee - GSA/GSS in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - GSA/GSS in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Drury Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great job, benefits, easy to advance internally, great employee rate. Guest interactions is normally a good experience, networking with guests and making friends is a plus.

Cons

As with any front desk job, some guests will have issues you have to deal with. There is also micromanaging, depending on the AGM. Some AGMs are laid back, others are meticulous beyond belief. There is always gossip behind the scenes.

Advice to Management

Keep your judgment to yourselves. Maintain a more even balance of employees.

"Housekeeper"

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Meridian, MS
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in Meridian, MS

I have been working at Drury Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work with different race of people...get to meet different kind of guests that checks in.and I LOVE to clean

Cons

The pay is good but I'm not getting 40 hrs. A week and that's the problem I have...I need 40 hours or more a week so I can pay bills and take care of my child

Advice to Management

I have no advice to management but be fair in everything you do