DuPont - Upper Management with alterior motives | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DuPont

"Upper Management with alterior motives"

Current Employee - Engineer in Valdosta, GA
Current Employee - Engineer in Valdosta, GA

I have been working at DuPont full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Corporate interview/offer allowed me to get a very good salary.

Cons

The company, as a whole stresses, "core values" such as respect for people and safety/health, however, at the Valdosta site, upper management will use these values against you if they have a personal problem with you. I was harassed for months by another employee and when I finally spoke out, I was retaliated against and put on probation. If you are disliked by a select group of management, they will try to get you on a safety or respect violation in order to get you out the door, or at least dock your pay. They don't respect individual thinkers. Hard work isn't valued. Management gossips about people as bad as those working on the floor. I am so very dissapointed by this experience. I hope that corporate is ignorant to what is going on there, otherwise this established company is quickly going down-hill.

Advice to Management

Be honest, be fair, stay out of people's personal lives, and don't play fast and loose with their lively-hoods.

Other Employee Reviews for DuPont

1. "Fomerly Genencor."

Current Employee - Scientist in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Scientist in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at DuPont full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Having the backing of DuPont increases the potential for success on large and capital intensive projects.

Cons

The DuPont culture is less open and vibrant than what we are used to from Genencor, and could lead to lower levels of motivation.

Advice to Management

Don't change our culture - too much.

"A Great Learning Experience."

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Wilmington, DE

I worked at DuPont full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, flex time, good pay and benefits, challenging work, training opportunities, and job security are all things that can be expected for new DuPont employees.

Cons

I think that the variation in operation from one site to another is frustrating. I also feel that the new HR system was a mistake. And finally, I feel that the personal relationship between management and younger employees/non management could be improved to strengthen trust and interest in the work place.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the development of young engineers.