DuPont - Little respect for people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DuPont

"Little respect for people"

I worked at DuPont full-time

Pros

The employees are empathetic and innovative, the work is fulfilling, and the site offers a fitness center as well as a subsidized lunch every day. The change in ownership put a heavy emphasis on safety.

Cons

This same emphasis on safety could easily take more time than one would expect - it led to one rushing to complete the required jobs, which obviously doesn't aid in improving safety. Management lacks the one mantra that came with the change of ownership from Danisco to DuPont - respect for people. Continued implied threats of job loss do not encourage a workforce to work smarter or safer. Little transparency between managers and staff - no 360 degree reviews were performed during my time there.

Other Employee Reviews for DuPont

1. "Great people and SAFETY."

Former Intern - Manufacturing Technology Engineer/Scientist in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Intern - Manufacturing Technology Engineer/Scientist in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at DuPont as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

DuPont is big on safety, so it's great to see that they care about their employees.
    Fellow employees were also very knowledgeable and helpful if I had any concerns or questions.
    Overall great experience interning at DuPont, and the pay wasn't bad either.

Cons

Internship program was not extremely developed, and it took awhile for my background papers to go through the company so I was not able to start as early as I had expected.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the internship program.

2. "A company I'm proud to work for"

Current Employee - Middle Management in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at DuPont full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, good advancement opportunities for hard workers, strong core values around safety and valuing people. Management genuinely cares about people. Supportive of a diverse work force.

Cons

Opportunities are somewhat limited if you're not willing to relocate. I really don't have any other cons to mention - overall I have been very happy in my career at Dupont.

Advice to Management

People appreciate accessible management. Less meetings, more time on the floor, particularly for upper management.