DuPont - Great Expectations | Glassdoor

"Great Expectations"

I have been working at DuPont full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, benefits and culture. Met my expectations when I joined two years ago.

Cons

No career plans for support group members who are not managers (they don't have CDPs!). Promotions depend on how many hats you're wearing, and I mean multi-tasking in every sense of the word, unless you start kissing manager's ___. I am yet to witness if core values actually work, but i think I've been waiting long enough.

Advice to Management

LISTEN to your employees. Keep an open mind.

Other Employee Reviews for DuPont

"Advice to prospective employees, "I would not work for this company""

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at DuPont full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked for DuPont for 10 years as an engineer. The only thing that I enjoyed about the experience was the people that I worked with on a day to day basis.

Cons

The site management was inept at best. They were cycled through our plant every couple of years to get their tickets punched. I went through 4 layoffs in 10 years. Fortunately I survived them all and was able to leave the company on my terms. But it was always a stressful time that occurred every 2.5 years or so. The morale at my facility was pathetic, early on I thought that it may have been just something at my location. But I had some opportunities to work at other locations and I quickly learned that it was the same at those facilities as well. My advice particularly to new college graduates is if DuPont comes to your university recruiting do yourself a favor and pass them up. I was told once by a 30 plus year DuPont employee that, "DuPont does not hire bad people, it creates them". After having worked for them for ten years unfortunately I would have to say he was right.

Advice to Management

Follow through with what you say you are going to do. I can't tell you how many times I heard it from many seasoned employees I worked with that DuPont "used" to be a great company to work for. It can still be but if you don't make the hard choices and follow through with them it never will be again.

2. "Enjoyed my time there"

Pros

Collaborative work environment, good pay/benefits

Cons

Challenge being part of a larger organization

Advice to Management

Keep Genencor identity