Ducommun - People are friendly and supportive. Planning is a bit substandard. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ducommun

"People are friendly and supportive. Planning is a bit substandard."

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Carson, CA
Current Employee - Test Engineer in Carson, CA

Pros

People are friendly. Managers manage- they do the project schedule, and let the engineers engineer. There are no barriers between departments- production, engineering, and sales. Ducommun is working to develop new products now.

Cons

People work a lot of hours- esp. engineers. Many of the products are showing their age. Organization and planning could be improved. They are closing a site and bringing the workers to another site- which is out of phone lines.

Advice to Management

More planning for infrastructure. Need to train more production people - almost the whole production staff has more than 25 years of service, and a large proportion is nearing retirement. Some of the production equipment needs to be brought up to date.

Other Employee Reviews for Ducommun

1. "Great Work Environment! Muti-Tasking is a Must!"

I have been working at Ducommun full-time

Pros

I enjoy working at Ducommun because I am able to work independently on certain project and as a team for others. My supervisor is someone I look up to and enjoy learning from.

Cons

Salary is a less than expected for the amount of work to complete and responsibility given. I don't mind doing the extra work. I just would like to be compensated for it. The bonus at the end of the year was much less than I thought it would be because it is based on sales....so don't consider it as part of your salary.

Advice to Management

Offer higher salary or increase one's salary, if you know the department is short of people and the employee is doing a great job of balancing the work.

2. "Things are shaky right now"

I have been working at Ducommun full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has been around for more than 160 years

Cons

Currently there is a lot of reorganization, company is not meeting AOP and there are many layoffs happening this year.