Duke Energy - Duke Energy is a great place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Duke Energy

"Duke Energy is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Station Equipment Expert
Current Employee - Station Equipment Expert

Pros

Duke has great employees at all levels in the power plants. The union and non union employees work together to get the job done. Duke has been great to work for and has helped me move into better jobs over the years. They paid for my college and gave me the opportunities I needed to make a great career. I started in the union and worked my way into a management position. The aging workforce at Duke will give me and others many more opportunities to work into other interesting jobs over the next few years. The benefits are great too. We enjoy good medical, dental and eye care benefits and a great vacation policy.

Cons

Duke has yet to complete the total combination of the latest merger with Cinergy. There are a lot of problems that are handled differently between the Carolina plants and the Midwest plants. The cultures are so different it will be hard to ever make the entire company look the same.

Advice to Management

Senior management is almost never seen in the plants.

Other Employee Reviews for Duke Energy

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - IT Business Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - IT Business Consultant in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Very interesting and diverse work. The management is generally very strong and employee oriented. There is potential for growth but you need to develop your own networking system. If you are a recent college grad they have implemented programs that help you learn about the diverse areas of the company. They offer a rotation program in the IT department so you can experience many different facets of IT prior to deciding where you will settle.

Cons

Due to some of the downsizing in recent years, many folks have more work than they can possibly manage. Sometimes it takes a little time to get things processed and completed.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people in the field that are doing the work. They generally know and understand what is really happening with morale.

2. "Duke Energy powers above the rest!"

Current Employee - Nuclear Secuity Officer in Seneca, SC
    Current Employee - Nuclear Secuity Officer in Seneca, SC

Pros

You never have to worry about the company's services not being needed anymore as everyone needs power to function in today's world. The population of the work force is more like family than coworkers. Everyone cares about everyone else and their ability to make it home safe to their family at the end of the day. The benefits packages are out of this world witht he company matching more than most do for retirement 401K accounts. Wonderful vacation and pay raise scales keep you from being left behind on the money train. Overal, I have been there more than a decade and nothing major to complain about yet.

Cons

Nothing in over a decade!

Advice to Management

Remember that you used to be a line-level worker too!