KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good

Feb 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and good benefit.

Cons

Business runs each one in silo, not tech savvy.

2 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Sep 22, 2022 - Project Management Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Duke for almost 2 years now and I enjoy working here. Great environment with great people and good benefits.

Cons

Hybrid work is the only thing that I'm not a fan of as I prefer remote, but everything else is great.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good and Bad

Aug 16, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some work from home positions. If you keep stats up there are flexible schedules. Good benefits. Good coworkers. Chance to move up

Cons

Horrible system (SAP/C4C) Daily issues that slow everyone down and keep calls back to back, customers angry, and stress high. I have no idea why they paid so much money to downgrade the system to this monstrosity. Calls that should take 1 minute can take 15 just because of system slowness or how much you have to navigate to find something that should be simple. Way too much pressure on sales, you can forget if you are customer service for a sales team or utility company. Pay is starting to be too low for how much is expected, and they add more things to handle monthly. Vendors they hire instead of reps, nothing against them, but they are less trained and mostly transfer calls so it doesn't seem to help our queues except on outages and payments. They need to hire more base reps and less vendors or they will keep losing base reps. Constant extensions, although they have gotten better with some being voluntary. Not great work/life balance if a raindrop falls somewhere. They expect you to be a robot.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Duke Energy.

Duke Energy Photos

+ Add Photo
Duke Energy photo of: Duke Energy Building
Duke Energy photo of: Charlotte skyline that includes Duke Energy is 20 miles to the north of Charlotte dentist Family Dental Choice
Duke Energy photo of: Powerline