Duke Energy - The people are great to work with. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Duke Energy

"The people are great to work with."

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Duke Energy as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

nice people. good compensation, received a lot of field work

Cons

plants are in the middle of nowhere, a little unorganized in HR

Other Employee Reviews for Duke Energy

1. "app developer for power delivery"

Pros

work life balance
    you can be employed forever

Cons

good performance not rewarded
    too much political correctness

"I'm not sure who these reviews come from but I don't have the same experience ."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Duke Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any. They say other departments are happy but I don't see any of that.

Cons

We are pushed to get callers off the line in 300 seconds and are given bad scores for using a sick day, using the restroom, having technical computer issues, anything you can think of. Have a car accident? one of your kids are sick? well, that's too bad. Every word, keystroke,mouse click and second is recorded and scored. If you have customer on the line and it's your break or 30 minute lunch and the call crosses over that time, the employee is deducted for that. You aren't in adherence and it hurts your performance scores. It's a miserable place to work. People stream out of here constantly.
     Benefits are poor. They pay for generics only so if your medication does not have that option, you won't be getting it. Perhaps other employees get good pay and benefits but if you work in customer service you will take abuse from both the customer and the company.
    You will have to stay up to 16 hours and at a moments notice. There is ZERO work life balance.
    Management just stares and smiles if you complain or even suggest changes.
    Everything is harassment, even baby showers. This place is beyond ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on providing real customer service, instead of just meeting stats. A lot of money is spent on hiring but you toss it out the window by treating employees like serfs. It is possible to provide customer service, make money and have employees who like or even love their job. Having to work under constant stress and fear does not make Duke Energy better. I suppose that the customers are correct. You have monopoly, so you don't need to care.