Cover image for Duke Energy

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Scripted customer service and overbearing mgrs/lead team

Jul 28, 2022 - Customer Service Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly can't think of one pro from working here.

Cons

Was told conflicting information every other day pertaining to "what is expected of you and your performance." First it was "this is NOT a sales position. You'll be providing customer service and assisting customers with their routine account needs." Next, in training was informed that we "must offer their non-regulated products & services on every eligible call." Then we're told via e-mail what our "sales goals" are for each month on the products/services we were previously told all we had to do was "offer." As I stated to management when I was reprimanded for "not offering/selling their products, I don't think an elderly customer who clearly has memory troubles should be someone I'm offering to as they could barely remember their SS or DOB. Still, was told those are "eligible" calls and should be offering/selling to the customer. Not to mention, why are we required to offer products for customer during inflation and people are having a hard time already without the "added charge" on their bill. This place is beyond ridiculous with their horrible business practices and what they expect from their employees.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome company

Oct 5, 2022 - Driller in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and good atmosphere

Cons

Heat and long hours sometimes

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Solid Place to Work

Oct 6, 2022 - Senior Data Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Reliable job with lots of consistency. Plenty of resources to continue education & pursue career development.

Cons

Legacy company means nothing moves fast. Don't count on anything changing.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Duke Energy.

Duke Energy Photos

+ Add Photo
Duke Energy photo of: Duke Energy Building
Duke Energy photo of: Charlotte skyline that includes Duke Energy is 20 miles to the north of Charlotte dentist Family Dental Choice
Duke Energy photo of: Powerline