Duke University Health System - Pretty Good | Glassdoor

"Pretty Good"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Durham, NC

I have been working at Duke University Health System full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

You are able to get a lot of experience with difficult cases such as with patients that other hospitals are unable to take / refuse to do surgeries on. My floor has a great atmosphere in which we all work very well together. My management and coworkers are amazing and have allowed the transition from new grad to CNII smooth and encouraging. Also many people are not from in state which allows you to make a lot of friends...

Cons

Pay is not competitive in the area. They say you are getting underpaid because you are able to use Duke on your resume. Sometimes billing and money is placed over care of individual patients.

Duke University Health System2019-01-23
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Durham, NC

I have been working at Duke University Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Work Culture Benefits

Cons

No cons at the moment

Duke University Health System2019-04-22
  2. "Depends on what division you’re working under..."

Current Employee - Medical

I have been working at Duke University Health System full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Working for a world renowned facility with top notch practitioners and state of the art equipment.

Cons

Some divisions sort of make up their own rules and do not follow the same policies as the main facility.

Duke University Health System2019-05-10

Discover more reviews about Duke University Health System.