Dun & Bradstreet - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Short Hills, NJ
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

D&B has a great work/life balance

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for growth

Other Employee Reviews for Dun & Bradstreet

"It's not often that I give five stars, but Dun and Bradstreet warrants it"

Current Employee - In Technology in Malibu, CA
    Current Employee - In Technology in Malibu, CA

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hands down one of the best companies I've worked for. You can tell by the way people interact with each other, their moods and general attitude towards work and life in the office. I've never worked at a company where I truly enjoyed the people I work with, and the executives commitment to their employees shows and is genuine.

The technical work is pretty exciting. It's a startup environment, so the projects are very new, so there is a lot of opportunity to make an impact. You are really building a part of the company, literally, and so far it's been very successful (doubled revenue second year). For those who like to be cogs and in a machine pressing buttons, this isn't for you then. You have the opportunity to really build something and form the company. And being part of the team that formed a company that is growing and becoming more successful at this rate is a lucrative opportunity.

I love working here.

I've never seen such excellent benefits at a company, stock options, education program (google EdAhead), health options in addition to other fun surprises like gift cards, giveaways for various random reasons.

One thing that blew me away is that the company sent about 50 top performers on a trip to bora bora, all expenses paid! What company does that?

The executive team are veterans in the Internet with an excellent track record. Not only that, they are likeable! Most CEO's are stodgy old codgers who couldn't care less about their employees, these guys are pretty dang cool.

Did I mention I love working here?

There's more to say, but I'll stop there. If you can get over the commute (which I don't understand people who say it's a long drive, it's in Malibu for crying out loud, who cares!?) then you will find the only company in LA worth working for quietly nestled in the coast, changing the business world in a big way.

Things i didn't cover but are awesome:
     - culture
     - flexibility with schedule etc
     - fun events
     - sense of pride from employees

Cons

Salary is a bit less than market, but the benefits and culture make up for it

Advice to Management

- listen to the "people at the bottom" a bit more. Suggestion-box type feedback mechanisms will help you not alienate yourself and prevents surprises in cultural shifts and employee concerns.

- official company holidays resemble a retail organization, some companies observe bs holidays like Earth day. A few more observed company holidays would be nice.

"All that glitters is not gold"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Center Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Center Valley, PA

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Brand name, known as strong provider within their market place

Cons

Incompetent managers who try to manage by intimidation and threats, work / life balance jargon they preach is not a priority as suggested.