Dun & Bradstreet - contractor | Glassdoor
  1. "contractor"

Project Manager and Business Analyst in Long Valley, NJ

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet for less than a year

Pros

great people and good management

Cons

people not communicating effectively at times

Dun & Bradstreet2015-06-01
  1. "Great Job"

Former Employee - Inside Sales

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun atmosphere, great work/life balance, lots of money if you’re good.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities to advance.

Dun & Bradstreet2019-02-23

Dun & Bradstreet Response

March 6, 2019Global Head Of Talent

Thanks for the positive feedback! We're so glad that you enjoyed your work experience in Inside Sales at Dun & Bradstreet. To your point about advancement opportunities: we will soon be launching a new performance management approach that will help both reward and advance our highest performers.

"Drown the bureaucracy in the bathtub (metaphorically)"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People who care Good products/leader in market Good benefits/pay Working from home Products getting better I love my direct boss; his boss, not so much

Cons

- Difficult place for a new employee; takes years to ramp up on all the internal knowledge needed to succeed - Horrific bureaucracy dominated by employees who add zero value - Finance team, Delivery team, "Deal" teams, and other internal teams prevent company progress so as to protect their (outdated and unnecessary) positions - Systems and processes stuck 15 years in the past - Long term employees run the... company who have ZERO understanding of how modern companies work; therefore, they have no idea how to modernize the company. - Bureaucrats keep company unnecessarily complex to protect their jobs. They don't realize (or maybe they do) most of their jobs could be done by software. - Long termers aren't the best sales people- they're simply the people who can tolerate corporate bureaucratic stupidity without complaining or going mad.

Advice to Management

As a West Coast Account Executive for the credit LoB, you spend 70+% of your time dealing with the East Coast HQ's nightmarish internal bureaucracy. Everything from creating contracts to getting pricing approvals to dealing with Support takes dozens of emails, phone calls and internal meetings to get things done. Additionally, you are asked to do all sorts of 'side projects' that are not directly related to sales... (like creating Demand for Marketing programs, or evangelizing a new product). Therefore, you have 10-15+/- hours a week to research, prospect, network and sell, making hitting goals very difficult. Inertia seems to emanate from middle management. Having all worked at DnB for 20+ years, none of them seem to appreciate how difficult it is to work at DnB, nor how utterly incomprehensible our products and processes actually are. We lag because *we waste so much time doing internal garbage*. Internally, long-termers use their 'friends and family network' to get things done, thereby exacerbating and extending the problem. The company laughingly relies upon 100s of 30-page "Job Aids" to guide you through the bureaucracy... FYI- IF YOU NEED TO CREATE A JOB AID AT ALL, YOU'VE ALREADY FAILED AT CREATING A GOOD PROCESS. On the West Coast, you are basically on your own to succeed. There are very few permanent Support staff (legal, contracts, pricing, Account Managers) on the West coast, so, come 2pm PDT, you will get zero help from Center Valley/Short Hills HQ. Oddly, we are told, the West Coast SHOULD be very successful based on the types of companies out here. Well, how about you put your money where your mouth is and start placing permanent resources on the West Coast to help the team succeed? Stop being a dinosaur, and hire a bunch of Silicon Valley types to create a culture that will lead to a rebirth of the company... you have a great suite of products, and smart people. Fire the bureaucrats, hire consultants to modernize processes, and give the sales team the support, tools, and processes needed to succeed in the ultra competitive market.

Dun & Bradstreet2019-10-03

Discover more reviews about Dun & Bradstreet.