Dunkin' Brands - Operations Manager | Glassdoor

"Operations Manager"

I have been working at Dunkin' Brands full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Satisfaction in helping small business owners build a successful operation.

Cons

Lack of career development, no long term planning, daily fire fighting, not focused on improving processes, technology focus is only for retail stores and not focused on corporate needs, terminate long term employees at the drop of a hat

Other Employee Reviews for Dunkin' Brands

1. "if your into eating fresh frozen donuts, work here"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

Pros

Franchise may offer good things. They offer good benefits. Decent trainning program. Upbeat work place. Really like people who are new to the business.

Cons

Most of DD is franchise if not, all of it is. The franchise holders lack common sense. They have the money to collect the money. There is a serious lack of field knowledge on their part. These groups hire their admin staff without thinking about who they hired. The support staff has very little industry experience and has not a clue how to engage in business. The donuts are brought in frozen then thawed out. They taste gross. They are trying to run a drive thru. They low ball pay to its field management. The business is not rocket science, stop running it like NASA.

Advice to Management

There really should be a check list of qualifying criteria to open up a DD. Money is not everything. Potential owners should have at leat five years in restaurant operations to understand what it takes to run a restaurant. They need to understand the enegry and emotion it brings on. Make fresh donutes in the shop!

2. "Amazing First Experience, Really Unfortunate Second Experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Dunkin' Brands as an intern

Pros

I absolutely loved my time at Dunkin'. Great people, great environment, great coffee. The interns were valued and given learning/growth opportunities like meet and greets. I even was able to grab lunch with a company VP which was an amazing experience.

Cons

My one major let down at Dunkin' was how I was treated as a re-applying intern. Although I was offered to come back to the same position, I wanted to try out a different business area and applied to a new department. My boss and I both sent personal emails to the recruiting employees and I waited to hear back. Unfortunately, despite my clear interest in working for the company long-term and strong performance as a previous year intern, I never even received a personal rejection. I only got an automated rejection from the website informing me that the position had been filled. After such a great summer learning from and contributing to Dunkin', I was really disappointed to be treated as nothing but a 'number' in the recruiting process.