Dunkin' Donuts - Not too hard of a job but can be stressful | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dunkin' Donuts

"Not too hard of a job but can be stressful"

Current Employee - Team Member in Malta, NY
Current Employee - Team Member in Malta, NY

I have been working at Dunkin' Donuts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not much to the work. You should be able to do everything just fine (food, drinks, register, cleaning, etc) within 1-2 weeks of working. The busier the store, the faster you learn.

Very flexible hours - I was knocked down to 19 hours one week but with a simple request to my manager, I was given an extra day that week and I was given 35+ hour weeks after that (I'm a student)

Great staff - if you aren't friendly and patient, you won't survive there which filters the staff down to people that are easy to work with and befriend.

VERY cheap meals during breaks. This is great for people that have a hard time affording food.

You get tips. The best stores to get tips in are the ones that are decently busy but not so busy that there are tons of employees on at once. I have made up to $30 in one day in tips. Not bad for fast food.

You can request a transfer from one store to another with minimal issues unless you end up in a situation listed in the last con.

Cons

Low pay with very small chance of it ever increasing. There are tips but it's inconsistent on what you would get; it depends on customers and how many employees are on. This job really is meant for students who need a part-time job and not for people looking to support a family.

Unless you fill out an availability sheet, expect your hours to shift around like wildfire. You need to make sure you have it set up with your manager that you need a consistent schedule.

Being a fast food place, stores often lose people. You might get moved to another store in a completely inconvenient location with only a few weeks' notice. When this happens and you are being moved to a bad location, it is best to find another job as you will be hard-pressed on staying at your current location or requesting to be moved to a better one.

Advice to Management

Keep employees happy. Make sure shift leaders are patient and not completely rude, miserable and snobby or else employees will quit and make it harder for everyone else in the store.

Other Employee Reviews for Dunkin' Donuts

1. "Way to demanding for minimum wage"

Former Employee - Cashier in Deltona, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Deltona, FL

I worked at Dunkin' Donuts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management yell at staff, they are more worried about keeping the drive thru time down so they can get a bonuses more then making sure orders are correct

Cons

go in early and get out early, great for college students,or if you only want a few hours

Advice to Management

You should watch all the free food your managers are giving away to their family members and maybe the store wouldnt be loosing money.

2. "Server"

Current Employee - Customer Service Cashier in Suffern, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Cashier in Suffern, NY

I have been working at Dunkin' Donuts part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Coffee all day erry day

Cons

I have to pay for ice

Advice to Management

I don't care, I love it