Dylan's Candy BAR - Overall positive experience | Glassdoor

"Overall positive experience"

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY
Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Dylan's Candy BAR as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees are great - everyone is extremely nice and friendly and truly care about the success of the company. Candy was always around the office which is also a plus

Cons

There wasn't enough work to do to keep me busy. I think it was just a slow time to be in the department I was working in at the time (over the summer).

Advice to Management

My only major complaint was about the president of the company - she was negative and inconsiderate to some of the employees and was completely disorganized.

Other Employee Reviews for Dylan's Candy BAR

1. "Eh...."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Dylan's Candy BAR part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a really fun environment with...interesting people. The environment is a mix of young and older people from entirely different backgrounds. If you tell them what you want to make, they'll pay you that. I knew somebody who had no experience, asked for $10 an hour and got it.

Cons

The reason they give you the salary that you want is because they know they are a revolving door company. Most people who worked there had only worked there for a few months. There's very little chance of advancement and even when you do advance you are on a set salary which means overtime is nonexistent. The management has favorites and HR is a NIGHTMARE.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. I understand they get frustrated because of the ridiculous complaints they hear, but it's their job to weed through what people are saying to reach the real problem at hand and then find a solution. Your employees might stick around if you took the time to be a little more select in who you hire. As for Dylan, please become a little more active in your company. I know as a CEO, you hire people below you to take care of your company so you can focus on the big issues but they're not doing that great of a job.

"fun environment and challenging work"

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

It was a great place to intern because my supervisors were very caring and encouraging. They always praised me for a good job done and there's always candy around the office!

Cons

It's a small company so there's a small chance of promotion within company.