DynCorp International - If you are Asian this is not the company for you specially in Afghanistan | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

"If you are Asian this is not the company for you specially in Afghanistan"

Current Contractor - Cargo Document Specialist in Kandahar (Afghanistan)
Current Contractor - Cargo Document Specialist in Kandahar (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent on a tcn standard

Cons

Highly discriminatory towards asians it starts right from the time you land in Kuwait ,But thats just a start of things , Once you reach Afghanistan you will know racism is a reality :) ,If you are a TCN or an FN as they call it now you will have diffrent living standards (horribly diffrent tent) ,limited access to dining facilities ,and no communication(They take away your mobile phones stating security)But its really under the discretion of DynCorp ,You may or maynot have limited access to internet depending on your supervisor in my case i had a good one .You will also get 1 paid R&R per year if you are a TCN compared to 2 paid R&Rs for expats(Americans) this is becuase DynCorp believes Asian bodies dont get fatigued as much as our American counterparts ,I was initially offered a contract of 49000 USD per annum at the second year of renewal they told me the HR had made a mistake the previous year on my particular postion and its down by half about 24000USD and this happened to a lot of other peoplein my same positon . Thats when i decided to leave Afghanistan .For an Asian is a good company to work if its the the last job on earth not if you are in a job and doing ok.All of my above comments is on a TCN/FN persepctive if you are an expat (American) conditions are way diffrent.

Advice to Management

Not sure !

Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International

1. "DynCorp Intl"

Current Contractor - Transportation Manager in Kandahar (Afghanistan)
    Current Contractor - Transportation Manager in Kandahar (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Have a good job here

Cons

need a lot of help upstairs

Advice to Management

If you cant see the issues, then who am I to point them out.

"A personally rewarding experience!"

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time

Pros

DI offers a rich corporate history, competitive salaries, and great benefits in a high-energy environment. Built on a foundation of share values, the Leadership Team is focused on shared success for employees, customers, mission, and parent. The many global missions supported by DI employees are important and meaningful with team members most prideful of their personal contributions toward the betterment of our world.

Cons

The need to continuously review/improve processes can be a challenge given that the company regularly operates in a high optempo environment in support of mission requirements.

Advice to Management

An exciting time to join DI! Continue with your focused efforts to well-communicate strategic direction and leadership expectations such that the work force has shared understanding necessary to further align in our collective pursuit of meeting/exceeding corporate objectives.