DynCorp International - DynCorp Human Resources | Glassdoor

"DynCorp Human Resources"

Former Contractor - Human Resources Coordinator in Falls Church, VA
Former Contractor - Human Resources Coordinator in Falls Church, VA

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

DynCorp employees proactive, smart people who are a pleasure to work with in its office environment. The managers have a large network of resources and are constantly training to improve their job skills.

Cons

Travel is a must. Most jobs require light to heavy travel including overseas where many of their contracts are.

Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International

1. "heavy wheel mechanic"

Current Contractor - Heavy Wheel Mechanic in El Paso, TX
    Current Contractor - Heavy Wheel Mechanic in El Paso, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

good people, start time and end time for work is the same. go home at a decent time.

Cons

everything changes day to day and nothing is set in stone makes it hard to do your job when one thing is said and then changed. the lack of communication is a huge problem with the company. tpay is decent but for the work that we do and the use of our personnal tools that sometimes break in my veiw we should be paid more than what we get now. just about everything we need comes out of pocket and not from the units as stated in out contract, plus the cost of living has gone up. the health insurance is very high. no advancement in the company.

Advice to Management

stop disregarding the real problems and fix things that are going on. make policies that you can keep and stick to it. know what is needed and what the company wants to do instead of having constant changes. put an effort into training.

"Opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

DynCorp provides an unlimited amount of opportunity for travel and seeing the world. I worked in Recruiting for 3 years now and have seen places that I only dreamed about. Salary is decent.

Cons

Always constant consistent change! Nothing is ever the same week to week. There is absolutely ZERO training available, I have never been to a "new employee" orientation and upper management does not have experience needed to manage.

Advice to Management

Hire VP's, Directors, and Managers whom actually recruited before, HR is completely different from recruiting. Contractors are still employees, do not view them as just an employee number.