DynCorp International - heavy wheel mechanic | Glassdoor

"heavy wheel mechanic"

Current Contractor - Heavy Wheel Mechanic in El Paso, TX
Current Contractor - Heavy Wheel Mechanic in El Paso, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

good people, start time and end time for work is the same. go home at a decent time.

Cons

everything changes day to day and nothing is set in stone makes it hard to do your job when one thing is said and then changed. the lack of communication is a huge problem with the company. tpay is decent but for the work that we do and the use of our personnal tools that sometimes break in my veiw we should be paid more than what we get now. just about everything we need comes out of pocket and not from the units as stated in out contract, plus the cost of living has gone up. the health insurance is very high. no advancement in the company.

Advice to Management

stop disregarding the real problems and fix things that are going on. make policies that you can keep and stick to it. know what is needed and what the company wants to do instead of having constant changes. put an effort into training.

Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International

"Opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

DynCorp provides an unlimited amount of opportunity for travel and seeing the world. I worked in Recruiting for 3 years now and have seen places that I only dreamed about. Salary is decent.

Cons

Always constant consistent change! Nothing is ever the same week to week. There is absolutely ZERO training available, I have never been to a "new employee" orientation and upper management does not have experience needed to manage.

Advice to Management

Hire VP's, Directors, and Managers whom actually recruited before, HR is completely different from recruiting. Contractors are still employees, do not view them as just an employee number.

2. "Opportunities to steer my own learning and discovery"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Information Technology department is constantly working toward a standards-based ITIL compliant process structure, which means that IT personnel are able to better control the pace of problem response, and prioritzie work more effectively. Additionally, I have never been anywhere where I was able to steer my own development quite as much as I've been able to do at DI.

Cons

The Alliance location isn't particularly well managed from a work-space considerations standpoint. Over-crowding, too little parking, and ever-decreasing cubicle spaces are a chronic problem with this company.

Advice to Management

Fix the crowding problems. Make Change Management in IT a little more user-friendly. Don't require documentation that isn't necessary, or doesn't make sense to the Change process. Improve documentiaton overall, especially in the CI aspect of the CMDB.