DynCorp International - Company Does Not Value Talented Professionals/Subject Matter Experts | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

"Company Does Not Value Talented Professionals/Subject Matter Experts"

Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Kabul (Afghanistan)
Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The cadre of professionals, who serve as mentors and professional advisors here in Kabul, is extraordinary. Deployment Center in Fort Worth was well organized and well run.

Cons

The list of cons is overwhelming, at least here in Kabul. The management epitomizes arrogance and has no idea of the talent and contributions being made by his advisors--let alone their names. Living conditions are terrible here in Kabul. Although we are used to living in austere conditions, we rate more than 45 square feet per person, and we don't appreciate living in slums with unvetted TCNs; these concerns have been brought to management's attention with no action. The team leaders are afraid to raise concerns for fear of reprisals and termination--DON'T BLOW THE WHISTLE HERE. The professionals and subject matter experts are loyal to the mission first and never to DynCorp and the mythical five (5) points of its star. Many of the professional workforce (retired O-6 and E-9) won't put DynCorp on their resumes. The operations/business management (who live on the overhead of the professionals) are inept, unconcerned, and surly. I was personally left stranded at Kabul airport for three hours, my Interpreter lost a day's worth of pay, and one of the business office personnel was told not to input an Interpreter's pay because it was five (5) minutes late and off the clock. (This particular interpreter was working in Southern Afghanistan and there were network connectivity issues....he only gets paid once per month). Attrition is running approximately 30%...a completely tragic and avoidable situation.

Advice to Management

Live up to the DynCorp star. Stop underbidding projects and pay your talent more. Learn your employees' names and don't force your valuable people to live in inhumane conditions with unvetted TCNs.

Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International

1. "Load Planner"

Pros

decent pay but the leadership sucks!

Cons

THEY SUCK! Crappy living conditions and horrible pay for Afghanistan (the lowest I've seen)

Advice to Management

Learn how to lead and manage people...lets try hiring someone other than ex-felons

"I love working with Dyncorp International Its very nice and very satisfied base on my experience."

Former Contractor - Security Guard, ROWPU Operator in Baghdad (Iraq)
    Former Contractor - Security Guard, ROWPU Operator in Baghdad (Iraq)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The best reason I worked with Dyncorp, I like there rules and safety I like also there management and very satisfied with my salary.

Cons

I have no comment with dyncorp International.

Advice to Management

Nothing to advice base on my experience.