DynCorp International - unhappy place | Glassdoor

"unhappy place"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I want to be able to put something, but I honestly can't think of anything positive to say. If you are out of a job and they will hire you, go for it (at least it's a paycheck), but I wouldn't leave a decent job to go here.

Cons

Employee morale is in the toilet. Constant threat of layoffs for the worker bees, but yet they have an over abudance of VPs. No pay raises for the last two years, but mgmt still paid themselves a bonus. Managers can't or won't make decisions. Too much red tape, but it's a government contractor so I guess that's to be expected. Really depends what group you are in, some groups are expected to work themselves to death. Seems to be a better balance in the field or on contracts than in corporate office. Advancement opportunities are practically non existant. You might be able to make a lateral move but unless you are "in the club" you won't be moving up anytime soon. They are stuck in old fashioned ways "because that's how we've always done it". Company gets bought/sold on a regular basis, so the structure is constantly changing. As soon as the dust begins to settle from one sale, the next one happens. The only thing that stays the same here is change, but it all seems to focus on superficial things that create more work. I did not feel valued as an employee at all.

Advice to Management

If you would accept that your employees are your most valuable asset and brought back things like jeans Friday, and actually put an effort into improving morale you would do infinetely better. People know they are expendable at DI. The constant threat of layoffs causes your best people to leave voluntarily before they are cut, so you end up with the poor performers sticking around. You need to put some effort into training people - new hires leave so quickly because they are thrown to the wolves with ZERO training or support. Pick a direction and stick with it for more than 5 min to see if if actually has an impact.

Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International

"Great Company."

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Funds, chance to grow. Exciting.

Cons

Living conditions, food, weather and work -varies from site to site.

"Great Company"

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity for challenging and rewarding work in numerous areas around the world

Cons

Contracts come and go which does not provide for stability

Advice to Management

Continue to "Do the Right Thing - Always"