DynCorp International - Sorry it is ending | Glassdoor

"Sorry it is ending"

Current Employee - ICL Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - ICL Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great support from management at all levels. Being able to just get away to Dubai for three days is a bonus.

Cons

Very harsh environment, so if you have allergies to dust this is most definitely not the place for you. The summer will burn your biscuits as in HOT HOT HOT.

Advice to Management

Take the time to be there for your subordinates especially during this period of the project.

Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International

1. "Ok if you're new to the game, but get out as soon as you can"

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about working for DynCorp is that I got the opportunity to travel and see the world. If you are new to contracting, this is a good way to get your foot in the door because they will hire any one. But while overseas, I had the opportunity to network and meet contractors from other companies.

Cons

By far the worst company I have ever worked for,. They truly don't care about their employees and there is no work ethic. Its all about making that money. There was absolutely no consistency or standards. It seemed like every day there was a new change to the SOP or WI. And no standardized training! The bosses would put together a crappy PowerPoint in like 20 minutes and make us read it and sign something acknowledging we've been trained just to cover their behinds. The answer to everything was to wait until a problem got out of control instead of trying to prevent it ahead of time, and then try to cover it up with a ban-aid. I could go on talking about the lack of qualified management. This was the WRM contract, so I can't speak for the rest of the company.

"DynCorp = bully"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Met some great friends.

Cons

Employees with children and families are favored over single, childless employees as if single people have no life. Being single does not mean I want to stay late so a parent can go home on time to pick up and take care of a child. Never could make plans afterwork, no advanced notice of overtime hours. Normal hours were 8-5 but sometimes you were excepted to work odd shift hours such as midnight to 9am, 5am-5pm, etc.

Expected to not take your lunch hour.

Deadlines are unreasonable and last minute. Management not willing to stand up and demand deadlines that aren't so tight and last minute.

Gave awards for outstanding performances that came with a cash award. Unfortunately, one person won the award for "placing a decal on a plane." Often awarded those that were simply doing their job. Overlooked those that went over and above and did many jobs.

Military employees looked down on and treated non-military employees horribly.

Lots of sexism in the workplace.

Had to constantly take ethics training, including how retaliation was not allowed. It happened all of the time.

Bullying was a large part of how they got things done.

Never looked forward to going to work.

Must account for how you spent your time at work and on what project. You'd be screwed if you were actually efficient and got done early.

After expecting you to stay crazy hours they couldn't even provide decent coffee. At one time they offered individual coffee creamers in many flavors, provided plates and plastic cutlery. After one of the many CEO changes the plates, cutlery, creamers were gone. Creamer was replaced with generic powdered crap. Generic sweeteners. No more tea, hot cocoa, etc.