DynCorp International - I enjoy working here. | Glassdoor

"I enjoy working here."

Current Employee - Cisco Voice Engineer in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Cisco Voice Engineer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After April 2013 working in IT got 75% better. A lot of improvements have been made within the IT department as a whole and there are good IT managers willing to give you a chance to move up if you work hard. Training is okay. Most of the training I've gotten to advance my career has been done on my own initiative, at my own expense, and on my own time. There is a lot of opportunity to learn and get experience with a wide spectrum of technologies. Not a lot of perks company wise that I can think of.

Cons

As far as job security, it's only good when there's a major war going on.

Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International

1. "Never Appreciated"

Former Employee - Operations in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Operations in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you get in with the right manager/Sr. Leadership member, you can get promoted quickly and paid well. It was about 40 min from where I live and the surrounding environment offered great shopping and lunch options. I worked in the Corp home office in Ft Worth, and had the opportunity to travel. I learned a great deal there.

Cons

There is no work life balance, and the company values that they push publically is not what the actual culture is. It is everyone for themselves and when you try and build a team, it is pulled apart. I have never worked in a more gossip oriented environment in my career. No stability in leadership, with a high turnover in all programs.

Advice to Management

Value your teams that do all the work, and make the impossible tasks happen. Stop hiring friends and family and start promoting the professionals who are qualified for the pay and positions that they hold. Recognize achievements and improve the culture. Appreciate your employees not just the Sr. Leadership.

2. "Constant change with many challenges"

Current Employee - COMBS Quality Assurance in Columbus, MS
    Current Employee - COMBS Quality Assurance in Columbus, MS

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a few incentive rewards with healthcare to earn reward money. Fair amount of places to get discounts and perks, ie. AT&T. Tuition assistance is very generous along with relocation reimbursement.

Cons

Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program. There are many issues, one being the current health insurance change and no coverage in this area. Possibility of layoffs and a reduced workforce. Overtime has currently been banned due to the budget.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to be informed of what it is really like to work at a site and realize that the great plans that are drawn up in a cubical, will always work. Professional micromanagers and this creates issues as one can imagine.