DynCorp International - DynCorp | Glassdoor

"DynCorp"

Pros

Lots of good folks in the company. Heavy on military

Cons

long hours are expected regularly

Advice to Management

say thanks to your employees every once in a while

Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International

"I enjoy working here."

Current Employee - Cisco Voice Engineer in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Cisco Voice Engineer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After April 2013 working in IT got 75% better. A lot of improvements have been made within the IT department as a whole and there are good IT managers willing to give you a chance to move up if you work hard. Training is okay. Most of the training I've gotten to advance my career has been done on my own initiative, at my own expense, and on my own time. There is a lot of opportunity to learn and get experience with a wide spectrum of technologies. Not a lot of perks company wise that I can think of.

Cons

As far as job security, it's only good when there's a major war going on.

2. "Never Appreciated"

Former Employee - Operations in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Operations in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you get in with the right manager/Sr. Leadership member, you can get promoted quickly and paid well. It was about 40 min from where I live and the surrounding environment offered great shopping and lunch options. I worked in the Corp home office in Ft Worth, and had the opportunity to travel. I learned a great deal there.

Cons

There is no work life balance, and the company values that they push publically is not what the actual culture is. It is everyone for themselves and when you try and build a team, it is pulled apart. I have never worked in a more gossip oriented environment in my career. No stability in leadership, with a high turnover in all programs.

Advice to Management

Value your teams that do all the work, and make the impossible tasks happen. Stop hiring friends and family and start promoting the professionals who are qualified for the pay and positions that they hold. Recognize achievements and improve the culture. Appreciate your employees not just the Sr. Leadership.