DynCorp International - Great pay | Glassdoor

"Great pay"

Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Patuxent River, MD
Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Patuxent River, MD

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, and experience! Raises were annually started off at $27.00/hr after one year of work and one raise I ended at $30/hr

Cons

The location of work was pretty bad, it was southern Maryland and the cost of living down there was outrageous.

Advice to Management

Work was great while I was there, it isn't the normal professional work environment due to the majority of the people being prior military there is a bit of hazing going on at times.

Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International

"Quality Corporate Ownership and Leadership"

Current Employee - Director In Human Resources in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Director In Human Resources in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Our Owner and our Chairman/CEO are the best that I've worked for. They always seem to have the DI Star in mind when they must make those tough decisions regarding staffing. I have never seen the CEO unkind--firm, yes, demanding, yes, but kind.

Cons

The uncertainty for the company staff because of the uncertain win or lose in government contracting.

Advice to Management

Provide more all-hands communication

"Walking on egg shells, very unstable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Been here a long time and make good salary.
    Big campaign to promote their ethics and culture.
    I am trusted and respected for my skills and knowledge for the most part, which is as I expect to get anywhere, as I highly skilled and have 2.5 decades of expertise.

Cons

Extremely unstable; employees live in culture of fear and exhaustion. Rounds of lay offs every year if you are not a union employee working a specific contract. Funding for various projects is always hard to come by even for regular much needed maintenance.
    2 years of zero merit pay increases across the board and benefits reduced.
    AWFUL work hours on call 24x7 for weeks at a time. Some weekends worked continuously.
    Very top down organizational chain of command with a strong reaction to employee's voicing questions or criticism. Not a collaborative culture.
    Very few opportunities for advancement.
    The promotion of the DI Start as their ethics and culture is superficial. SR management does not act it out.

Advice to Management

Make employees feel valued with even a tiny pay increase. Stop the executive and senior management perks. Stop trying to trim the corporate overhead jobs, cutting benefits, and constantly rearranging the reporting structure. So much change is not making it better, only creating doubt and fear. Create opportunities for employees to grow their skill and value.