DynCorp International - Excilerating | Glassdoor

"Excilerating"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Office Assistant in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No two days are ever the same. Since this company has locations all around the world. There is always something happening, 24/7. The opportunity for growth is excellent. The general overhead is low, so everyone wears many hats. I am learning something new everyday. I love interacting with people all over the world. I get to work with true american heroes. The ethics are top notch. There is a social contract that is signed and followed to the letter. This definitely makes for a very pleasant work atmosphere. The leadership training is relevant immediately to our managers, not just something they can use in the future. I love it here.

Cons

You need to be available 24/7, 365. They keep the overhead low, but this creates a bottleneck sometime to get something processed. Some of the software applications need to be updated and more user friendly.

Advice to Management

Offer the bonuses to everyone, not just managers. This is truly a team environment. Everyone on the team needs to be rewarded, not just the managers.

Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International

1. "Moving to the positive"

Former Contractor - Quality Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Contractor - Quality Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

My direct report and management team were professional and very team oriented. Corporate seems intent on building a company built on true professionalism and rooting out the "buddy system" systemic in overseas contracting.

My experience with the company was overall very positive

Cons

Many departments lacked continuous improvement input from their front line personnel. Many of my friends from other departments experienced a far courser work life from their senior management team.

Advice to Management

More emphasis on education, experience, skill, aptitude, and attitude during hiring.

2. "It was a good place to work, management was pretty easy, but for most people the advancement rte is low"

Former Employee - Avionics Technician in Patuxent River, MD
    Former Employee - Avionics Technician in Patuxent River, MD

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People pretty much get along, everyone was military and we all had a common goal.

Cons

Unions are not around to protect the people that want to work...definitely for the lazy.

Advice to Management

They should have incentives for people to work harder