DynCorp International - Got to do the job I had in the USAF for a civilian company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

"Got to do the job I had in the USAF for a civilian company."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor

Pros

Good pay, can do the same job you had in the military.

Cons

Qatar sort of sucks, and not having SOFA status as a civilian in Qatar makes you a 2nd class citizen with no equal rights who are regarded as gods by the police.

Advice to Management

Don't be "my daddy", I am a grown man. Micromanagement sucks.

Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International

1. "Huge company with many projects in various fields"

Current Contractor - Operations Supervisor
    Current Contractor - Operations Supervisor

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

DynCorp is a huge company that offers a wide varity of job postings around the world.
    The Company will generally give employees opportunities for follow-on jobs within the company as they finish their contracts (applies to year long/overseas contracting work)
    The Company's values are great (See below)

Cons

(Understand this is in reference to the project I work with. Talk with someone at your potential work site for appropriate details)
    DynCorp's ability to pay a respectable salary was struck hard coming in after another company had this project. The quality of employees that will work in this field, for this amount of money is lacking. The Company's inability to recruit quality aircraft mechanics makes it hard to get rid of substandard mechanics. It's a snowball that gets worse as top notch employees leave the program because they can make better money elsewhere, and employees that lack experience and skills for better paying jobs are left behind. The only thing that keeps this place running are the handful of mechanics that stick around because they truly care about the end user and their mission.
    There never seems to be enough time to really truly inculcate the Company's values into the workforce, other than through negative discipline when values are not adhered to.

Advice to Management

Find some way to offer better incentives for working here. The hourly compensation and benefits are substandard for this industry. The only reason to work on this project is the insane amount of hours we work.
    Allow lower and middle management to review potential incoming employee’s applications and take their advice into consideration prior to hiring them

2. "Monitor Escort"

Pros

Great! Opportunity. You get to travel the world. And you meet new and different cultures of people.

Cons

Being away from Loved Ones.