Dynamic Computing - Best company I've ever worked for | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Best company I've ever worked for"

I have been working at Dynamic Computing (More than a year)

Pros

Dynamic Computing is truly the best company I have ever had the privileged of working for. There's a very long list of "pros" for working here but it boils down to this: the owner of the company (Kevin) and his management team knows what they're doing and they care about how it gets done.

Within a couple of months of working for Dynamic Computing, I was impressed. While most good companies strive to do what the clients ask in the best way that they can, Kevin's approach to managing our client's IT is slightly different. Not only does he want to offer the client the best service that they can imagine, he offers them more. Kevin looks at the entirety of our client's business and recommends the best approach in order to help each individual client maximize their business potential via IT. As someone with a background more geared towards sales, I have no qualms with telling people about DC because I fully trust the work that's been done and being done here. In fact, I'm proud to tell people about the company that I work for, and I think that's a big deal and speaks to the success of what management has accomplished.

- Beautiful office
- Great location
- Great work culture
- Great benefits (100% paid medical and vision)
- Free snacks (who doesn't love free snacks?!)
- Amazing co-workers (that actually like each other)
- Free Orca pass for public transportation
- Monthly work outings/events - paid for by DC
- Birthday and workiversary celebrations - paid for by DC
- Positive and encouraging environment
- Employee of the month presents
- Management is always thinking of more ways to improve
- SOOO MUCH MORE!

Cons

- It's in Belltown, so lunch around here is pricey.
- Open office so it can get noisy sometimes - so everyone invests in a nice pair of headphones

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Talent, Drive, Community"

Current Employee - IT Process Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - IT Process Specialist in Seattle, WA

Pros

The company culture is supportive and employee focused. There are monthly company events ranging from Board Game nights to Bowling at the Garage. Employees are supported and encouraged in their education and certification pursuits, as well as compensated through raises attached to certifications.

Clients are the overall priority and all employees and managers actively work to maintain lines of communication to ensure their needs are known and addressed. As with any IT management firm, occasionally things are fumbled or missed. However, the crew at Dynamic Computing pivots to aggressively address such issues immediately once it is brought to their attention.

Internally, the company continues to dedicate resources to process evaluation and optimization, education and training, and situational awareness. These resources are a long-game investment which tend to pay off months and years after initial commitment. The atmosphere is one of growth, and the commitment of resources to these internal items shows maturity and dedication to the field.

Cons

The pace is fast and demanding. Individuals uncomfortable with attacking workloads that are greater than can be accomplished in a given period (through triage/prioritization, escalation, collaboration, or extra hours) will have a hard time adjusting.

2. "Working Hard and Playing Hard"

I have been working at Dynamic Computing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

To know how great Dynamic Computing has been for me, you have to know where I worked previously. My previous job was as technician at a large corporation. The benefits there were not great, the cultural was lacking and management was closed door. If you had a problem with something it was considered making waves and any ideas you had to improve processes or fix reoccurring issues was dismissed out of hand.

At Dynamic Computing management is open door policy. You can walk into the CEO's office if you have a problem or an idea on how to improve something and will be considered. You are expected to be able to prove or explain your idea or improvement, but all ideas are welcome and often implemented in some way.

The cultural here is great. We have monthly work events and a couple all family events like Mariners games or Summer Cookouts. We also have monthly lunches or beer-thirty's for Workaversies and Birthdays where various food/snacks/beer is provided. For example, this year we had a panini press party, spaghetti party with homemade meat balls and 3 different sauces and multiple other smaller events.

Currently, many of employee's are craft beer enthusiasts and hang out frequently outside of work. Uber anyone?

Snacks and drinks are provided and you can make requests for the monthly order if you would like to see something special. Also, various frozen food is provided on a limited basis if you forget lunch or are working late.

We currently have two company cars with decent sound systems for when you are going on-site complete with charging capacity and phone holders. Haha.

We have a lounge with nice Italian leather couches and a PS4. We also have a monthly scotch club (non-work sponsored) where we have a tasting of fine Scotch & Whiskey along with cured meats and cheese..

Working smart and not harder is a mantra at Dynamic Computing and self monitoring and independence to complete work on your own are company values. This also does come with a support system for when you get over your head and anyone in the company is willing to help you or answer questions. Company values are based on how we can accomplish things, not focusing on the things we can't.

Management gives us a clear direction of where we are heading even if we don't always make it there exactly as planned, so being flexible and able to work on your feet and adjust accordingly is critical.

Taking ownership and initiative over projects/roles makes for new career opportunities as we are always striving for improvement and learning. Gaining new certifications in relevant areas generally comes with increased compensation. Tests and materials are reimbursed once you have passed.

Cons

Due the smaller size of our company it can get loud in the office space from people talking on the phone or to each other and the intermittent Nerf War. Participation isn't mandatory, but there have been innocent by-standers shot on occasion.

As we go through growing pains since we recently moved in a nice new office about 1 year ago and have almost doubled in size since I started, we can outrun processes and workflows turning things in a more reactionary environment. This can be stressful as processes and workflows are rebuilt to fit the new structure.

If you are looking for 9-5 job where you do the same thing everyday and have a clearly defined roles where you only have to work on X/Y/Z then this isn't the job for you. The pace here is fast and if you aren't used it, then it can be difficult to adapt and adjust. If you like working in a boring job and watching Facebook and trolling Reddit all day this isn't the job for you.

Since I started working here my work/life walls have started to blur and need to unplug sometimes.

Discover more reviews about Dynamic Computing.