Dynamic Signal - Awesome company, awesome people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dynamic Signal

"Awesome company, awesome people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Dynamic Signal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We work with amazing brands, and everyone who works here is incredibly smart. No egos, and it's a very fun work environment. Everyone has access to senior management, so there's definitely an opportunity to shape the direction of the company.

Cons

There can be long hours depending on which department you're in (very typical start-up). Wish there were better food options in the area.

Other Employee Reviews for Dynamic Signal

"Great leadership, management, and product"

Current Employee - SDR
    Current Employee - SDR

I have been working at Dynamic Signal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DySi is the leading company in its space and has been for over 6 years. It's an incredible organization to be part of and our recent round of funding is propelling us quickly. This is what it feels like to be riding a rocket ship.

DySi is a high-growth start-up with an incredible leadership team. This is our founders' 3rd successful company together and DySi is their best and biggest yet. Our customers regularly rave about our support team and our product. If you’ve worked in sales or sales development before you know this is a HUGE plus.

We have a healthy culture, catered lunches, an abundance of snacks and most importantly: great benefits. The executive team is accessible and makes a point to let you know they are available and love to help. Bonus: The CEO is hilarious, extremely likable, and introduces himself to every new employee.

Upper management empowers our team to innovate and allocates budget for us to experiment and pursue creative ideas. They offer state-of-the-art training and actively help you develop personally and professionally (monthly stipend for books/ pay for you to go to networking events of your choosing, etc). They make sure you know that you are valued and if you're a team player and perform well, they'll promote you quickly.

Cons

This might not be the place for someone looking for a flashy Silicon valley office. Great culture and environment, but our executives are fiscally conservative.

If you're considering joining, remember this is a high-growth start-up. If you're not adaptable to change or intrinsically motivated, it could be hard to adjust. There's little micro-management and you're given the freedom to be your own boss. Because we're growing so fast, if you need more training or resources, you should actively ask. Management is great about spending 1 on 1 time with team members. Make sure you take this time to raise any concerns because they're also great about quickly addressing any issues that are brought up.

Advice to Management

Continue to spend 1 on 1 time with your team members. Continue to encourage, inspire, and help us grow.

"Amazing place to work....with a few costly exceptions"

Former Employee - Sales Development
    Former Employee - Sales Development

I worked at Dynamic Signal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nearly everything about this place is as first class as it gets. Typical benefit package of a startup at this stage. Amazing founders/C team that clearly knows what they're doing. Dominant product in the space that has great potential for growth. The majority of these reviews are genuine and deserved

Cons

I say the majority because departments treat their underlings extremely differently. If you are one of the unlucky few at the top of the sales pipeline you are overworked, under appreciated and worst of all, underpaid. They routinely raise the target even though pretty basic marketing support is nonexistent, meaning the OTE put forth is laughably out of reach.

When challenged about production the typical retort is promising future improvements that never occur and then belittling the team by saying A-players and self starters shouldn't have a problem hitting their goals(what does that say about them?). Sadly everyone on their team puts in long hours just to hit the KPIs the absentee management demands and still struggles to reach 50% of their mark. The only support offered is new software that is routinely implemented without a plan or notice, leaving the overworked team to clean up the mess and figure out why it's supposedly useful

Advice to Management

There are a few people uprooting the amazing culture and business practices you have in place. I hope you know you have an extraordinary team that is as hard working as they are talented and it's an internal force that's holding them back. I'd imagine something will happen soon because their are good people here who do care about the product as much as the people but if not I'd be concerned about the trajectory of the company