Dynamo Software - Nice place to have worked | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dynamo Software

"Nice place to have worked"

Former Employee - Client Services Representative in Watertown, MA
Former Employee - Client Services Representative in Watertown, MA

I worked at Dynamo Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Good product backed by good people
- Open communication and a flat structure
- Nice work/life balance
- CEO has a real interest in growing the company with the right people
- Company has healthily grown over the last few years

Cons

- There are also offices in Europe, and the time difference can be a challenge
- There's not much structure here, and that can bother people that need it
- The company is focused on a micro-industry, so you have to enjoy finance to some degree

Advice to Management

I don't really have any. I feel like they know what they need to do to continue growth.

I only left because my fiance took a job in California.

Apr 28, 2017 – CEO

We appreciate all the hard work you put in at Dynamo Software.

We were sorry to lose a valued employee, but we know that you are doing well out west. Please continue to stay in touch with all of... More

Other Employee Reviews for Dynamo Software

"A great place to work with great people"

Current Employee - Client Services in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Dynamo Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really like the people I work with here. There's not the the office politics I've seen in other companies, and people actually help me on projects rather than push me off to someone else, or blow me off.

I get to work with different departments every day, and I have a direct impact on the company and product direction.

The company has started to grow at an increased rate. We've been hiring a lot more, our client-base is growing, and we've all seen the positives from that.

It's a stable company with a great company culture. I play on a soccer team with colleagues, we'll go out to get drinks and food after work, and we have company outings and volunteer days. Netage sponsors stuff for us, and I actually like the people I work with.

The CEO here really cares about the people, company, and product. It shows.

Cons

Watertown isn't exactly in the main vein of traffic, but there are shuttle services from Cambridge which make commuting with T less of a hassle.

There were some issues with senior management about two years ago, but the company has changed things up and gotten some new experienced people. It's just a matter of helping everyone catch up.

The benefits aren't bad, but they aren't great either. Hopefully as we grow, so will the bennies.

Advice to Management

I really like how things have gone over the last year, and our growth in different departments. It would be great to see that trend continue.

Apr 28, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your review on working at Dynamo Software and sharing your experience here.

We appreciate all the hard work that our Client Services team does in making our product implementations... More

2. "A job that you can make of it what you want in a family-type culture"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Dynamo Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here are all very smart, and they know the industry really well. There's lots of opportunities to learn from other people, and the open door policy here actually exists. People from the CEO on down aren't too busy to help me get a deal closed or work with a prospect on requirements.

I feel like the management here are focused on the right ways of growing the business, and in the past year have refocused their efforts on some of the outward facing marketing programs that are making it easier to grow after restructuring senior management last year.

The culture here is laid back -- as long as you get your job done people are happy to work with you. I feel like I am encouraged to learn a lot on a regular basis, and I get to contribute to the product development and company direction.

Cons

The product we sell is fairly technical, so unless you can handle an extra degree of hands-on and possess a technical aptitude, it's not the easiest thing to sell.

If there's a game in TD or Fenway, the commute has an extra 10 minutes tacked on.

The office headcount keeps growing and I don't want to lose my window seat.

Advice to Management

Please continue growing the client services team and marketing programs -- there's a lot of growth potential, and on-boarding and client retention are how we can do it.

Apr 28, 2017 – CEO

We are very proud of the team that we have built, and the culture that has been fostered by our employees.

We appreciate the efforts of our sales team that has allowed us to grow so consistently... More