E.A. Renfroe & Company - Good experience, poor quality company and industry. | Glassdoor

"Good experience, poor quality company and industry."

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Birmingham, AL

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you like overtime, there's a lot of it. Good training for furthering a career however no room for growth whatsoever. Pay is competitive with other companies which is a plus.

Cons

No work life balance. Expectations are set but always under-deliver. Unfair treatment of employees. Benefits might as well be inexistent as the company provides no competitive benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep training and being helpful but stop playing favorites.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2017-09-04

E.A. Renfroe & Company Response

September 6, 2017Director, HR

Thank you for pointing out that we offer competitive pay, good training and opportunities for overtime. We also believe that we offer very competitive insurance, paid time off and other benefits. As we explain to everyone we interview for a job with us, the nature of our industry presents unpredictable work hours at times. As a perfect example, we are currently responding to one of the most damaging hurricanes in U.S. history, and we are preparing for another one. Our Staffing Coordinators are working very hard and have done an amazing job of sending insurance adjusters to where they are needed to help policyholders recover as quickly as possible. We are very thankful for each one of them and strive to treat them all fairly and to pay them well.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Adjuster"

Current Freelancer - Claims Adjuster in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company for more than 3 years

Pros

Very neat and organized, very professional and require Adjusters to look the part, training is unlimited year round to stay sharp, and they do well about letting adjusters they would to work with about upcoming job opportunities.

Cons

Every 30 day you have to update availability and sometimes could potentially miss upcoming opportunities.

Advice to Management

I love meeting new people and love to build bridges for networking purposes. Very easy to work with.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2019-05-10

"Independent Claims Adjuster"

Former Employee - Independent Claims Adjuster in Tampa, FL

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was kept busy as a desk adjuster for 6 years with this company. Be willing to learn and you will be helped. Because of my almost 6 years of back to back assignments, I have gotten a position with another company that is high paying as a permanent employee and I work from home. The long hours are how you get paid so much! Regular hourly pay is still very good! Learn and use it as a stepping stone. Stop... complaining. This is a Catastrophe company. It's different. Storm season is your bread and butter. Be ready to work and give it your all. Don't listen to arrogant adjusters unless they are trying to help you learn.

Cons

I really have none. I was always helped and I looked past anyone's complaints of management. Why? Because this company kept me working and helped me learn.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2019-04-26

Discover more reviews about E.A. Renfroe & Company.