E.C. Barton - GOOD | Glassdoor

"GOOD"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Osceola, AR
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Osceola, AR

I have been working at E.C. Barton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family setting and a great environment to work in.

Cons

No room to move up - very low turn over rate

Other Employee Reviews for E.C. Barton

"Bullied"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Buffalo, NY

I worked at E.C. Barton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Low overhead cost. low cost on Kitchens

Cons

From day one I was bullied and only worked for two months. They complained about customers with other customers in the store. I was yelled at for stupid things and told what are you stupid or something. Management would state sexual comments about customer behind their back. When customers would leave they would make nasty comments about them. They would state that corporate people are idiot and they don't know what the Hell they are doing. I have never in my 32 years of working in retail have ever been so disrespected, and talked down to in my life. Proper edict is very important. You are hired and made to believe that you have a nice pay but are later told you will not get a raise or anything else for that matter. I could go on and on about the negativity I received from Bargain outlet. I have moved on and will not buy or tell my family to shop at any of your stores. This company E. C. Barton really needs to see what goes on in their stores.

Advice to Management

Have the secret shops in the middle or at random times. Be professional. Keep your opinion to yourself and don't talk about your customers. etc.....

"Could use a small adjustment"

Current Employee - Employee in Jonesboro, AR
    Current Employee - Employee in Jonesboro, AR

Pros

The benefits are above and beyond what you can expect at any company of similar size. Most of the people know and treat each other almost like family. Management is pretty understanding when it comes to working around important family issues. As with any company, there are politics to deal with, but it doesn't seem to get too out of hand. The company is growing fast so there are lots of opportunities to advance, especially if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

Even some of the most simple things are treated as though they are part of national security. There are times that some of the people who have been long time, committed employees are passed over for friends of upper management.

Advice to Management

Learn to trust and listen to the opinions of people who are on the front lines. There are some really smart people working for this company who want the best for the company. It doesn't have to be Niel's idea to be a good idea.