E Source - Great place to work if your interested in the energy industry | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for E Source

"Great place to work if your interested in the energy industry"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Boulder, CO
Current Employee - Research Associate in Boulder, CO

Pros

Flexible hours, can work from home, variety of work, decent people, well-respected in the marketplace/industry, mostly transparent management, fairly low-stress (don't often take work home).

Cons

Very silo-ed, sluggish for a company this size, too many internal barriers - can't get things done, few consequences for mistakes (which I suppose is good if you're making them - I see it as a con because some people don't get reprimanded for poor work), the industry can be boring/unimpressive.

Advice to Management

Remove barriers to innovation - people have good ideas and the preliminary scoping process is too cumbersome.

Other Employee Reviews for E Source

1. "E Source: All the Potential in the Market..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Pros

E Source has a unique and leading market position with electric and gas utilities. The culture is tight-knit and the bond with members is solid.

Cons

The tight-knit culture can be parochial at times. There is some lack of trust among employees and clear silos across groups.

Advice to Management

Culture is everything. The management team must display desired behaviors more and drive the culture forward by example. Also, more discipline and accountability across all teams.

2. "Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at E Source full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

E Source tries really hard to make the employee experience enjoyable. They provide lots of training to the whole you, like mindfulness, nutrition, finances, etc. We have parties and potlucks and most people dress up for Halloween, for spirit week and for the filming of our annual holiday card video. Their mission is basically to save the world, one utility at a time by providing better ways to treat/market to customers, save energy, and unbiased reviews on energy related technology. If you do a good job, you are rewarded. We have lots of fun people working here - they are friendly, honest, willing to work hard and trustworthy. Our location is within walking distance to boulder creek path and 29th St mall, which makes for really nice breaks.

Cons

E Source is small so it doesn't tolerate low performers. I actually think that is a good thing, because employees are expected be engaged, innovate, and make the best use of their time. That being said, our schedules are very flexible. We are able to work from home when we need to and as long as you are performing, no one is keeping track of your hours.

Advice to Management

Continue to streamline product offerings to make subscriptions and pricing less complicated to understand for E Source employees and for customers.