E*TRADE Financial - Great Experience | Glassdoor

"Great Experience"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at E*TRADE Financial as a contractor

Pros

Great place to think & execute ideas

Cons

Too many managers to report to at the same time!!

Other Employee Reviews for E*TRADE Financial

"Variable compensation; Overall experience largely dependent on location and manager"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time

Pros

The product spectrum is expanding, and as consultants, we have quite a bit of flexibilty and control over what we present to clients and how. Some of the folks on the sales distribution team are great and really focus their resources on helping FC's succeed.

Cons

- The comp plan changes frequently. The newest change makes it difficult to gauge how your bonus is progressing throughout the quarter if you have clients who are active traders (despite the fact that all that trading actually makes E*TRADE money).
    - While it's nice that you're given a book of business to start with, it's extremely difficult to remove clients from your book who don't belong there. You may end up with people who have no contact info, who have no desire to speak with you, or who don't live locally (if you're in a branch),.
    - Some branch managers seem great to work with, others can be micro-managers or number crunchers who aren't very helpful in their role to foster sales growth. Some branches work well together, others may have FC's who rarely interact with one another.
    - If you don't have an operations person in your branch, then be prepared to waste some time here and there on service issues or paperwork.
    - Some of the leads we get are complete garbage, yet you're still hounded by management if you don't properly attempt them several times and prove that you've exhausted all avenues to uncover business. I'd rather focus on actual opportunities than satisfy some arbitrary requirement.

"Credit admin"

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible place to work at...

Cons

they take advantage of people and make them work hard but don't pay them the money worth their job

Advice to Management

No comments