E*TRADE Financial - Not place to build your career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial

"Not place to build your career"

Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Alpharetta, GA
Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work colleagues keep day fun

Cons

Management makes salaries on performance of reps. Since products are sub par management continues to squeeze blood from stones which makes job difficult

Other Employee Reviews for E*TRADE Financial

"Arlington, VA"

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting work and manageable hours

Cons

Flexible work arrangements are not available. Very odd for such a new company with their store front on the web! Face time is everything. Working Mothers beware!

401k match is very low compared to any other companies I have worked for. The company tries to save costs by outsourcing functions to India and constantly looks for more jobs to export. They’re very proud of the success of this which is sad because we should keep as many positions in the US as possible. I’m embarrassed by this practice. Very little opportunity for growth and they actually demote people – who does that? Some managers have constant turn over and instead of fixing the problem they continue to just hire new staff.

Advice to Management

Many of those have been with the company over 10 years which is a HUGE issue. Very much an old boys club attitude since they have been here so long. It would be better to get some fresh talent with innovative ideas who put employees first instead of the bottom line. Let each group decide how they should be structured and their workload instead of micro managing everything – manage the big picture!

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Investment Consultant
    Former Employee - Investment Consultant

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any... Good location.

Cons

Ineffective leadership from Senior level down to the sales manager. This company has no sales leadership from what I can see. My experience was the managers I interacted with were constantly in CYA mode. No one inspires anyone here with few exceptions. Sales meetings are a combination of information dump and beat downs. Training is 'one and done'. Individual goals do not match overall corporate messaging and direction. My manager regularly sent chastising e-mails - singling one employee out to the entire team. My sales manager would single out people in ALL CAPS TO EVERYONE. Hellooo.. HR, are you reading this??

Advice to Management

Hire sales leaders versus sales managers. Inspire your teams to greatness - not beat downs. Stop telling your teams 'what'; start showing them 'how'. (I suspect that most sales managers are clueless about the how component). Have your sales managers share a good idea to help Consultants succeed. This place is mostly void of solid talent.