E*TRADE Financial - Don't waste your time | Glassdoor

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Investment Consultant
Former Employee - Investment Consultant

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any... Good location.

Cons

Ineffective leadership from Senior level down to the sales manager. This company has no sales leadership from what I can see. My experience was the managers I interacted with were constantly in CYA mode. No one inspires anyone here with few exceptions. Sales meetings are a combination of information dump and beat downs. Training is 'one and done'. Individual goals do not match overall corporate messaging and direction. My manager regularly sent chastising e-mails - singling one employee out to the entire team. My sales manager would single out people in ALL CAPS TO EVERYONE. Hellooo.. HR, are you reading this??

Advice to Management

Hire sales leaders versus sales managers. Inspire your teams to greatness - not beat downs. Stop telling your teams 'what'; start showing them 'how'. (I suspect that most sales managers are clueless about the how component). Have your sales managers share a good idea to help Consultants succeed. This place is mostly void of solid talent.

Other Employee Reviews for E*TRADE Financial

1. "Review of E TRADE FInancial"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*During my time, benefits such as health insurance, vision, and dental were good.
    *Ability to learn markets

Cons

*If you begin on the telephone, difficult to transition to a different sector of company
    *Raises non existent during my time there.
    *Salaries weren't the greatest

"It has been a decent company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Service Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Service Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reasons to work for E*TRADE for me are benefits the compensation could be better. I feel the medical and dental insurances are superior. There are also other benefits such as 5% 401k matching and tuition reimbursement

Cons

The downside is the micro management on the lower service teams. It is more of a political game when it comes to promotion. Several individuals come to this company with years of experience and I feel they are belittled to fit the call center mode.

Advice to Management

Really show your appreciation through the bonuses.