E*TRADE Financial - Don't waste your time | Glassdoor

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Investment Consultant
Former Employee - Investment Consultant

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any... Good location.

Cons

Ineffective leadership from Senior level down to the sales manager. This company has no sales leadership from what I can see. My experience was the managers I interacted with were constantly in CYA mode. No one inspires anyone here with few exceptions. Sales meetings are a combination of information dump and beat downs. Training is 'one and done'. Individual goals do not match overall corporate messaging and direction. My manager regularly sent chastising e-mails - singling one employee out to the entire team. My sales manager would single out people in ALL CAPS TO EVERYONE. Hellooo.. HR, are you reading this??

Advice to Management

Hire sales leaders versus sales managers. Inspire your teams to greatness - not beat downs. Stop telling your teams 'what'; start showing them 'how'. (I suspect that most sales managers are clueless about the how component). Have your sales managers share a good idea to help Consultants succeed. This place is mostly void of solid talent.

Other Employee Reviews for E*TRADE Financial

"Call Center Environment--Micromanagement to the Extreme"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Services Representative in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Services Representative in Sandy, UT

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are decent. You get paid time and a half for overtime because everyone except managers are hourly. It's a good place to get licensed and start out, but not a good place for a career.

Cons

Wow, where do I start? Very hard to get time off. Micromangement at its finest. Pay is not great for the industry. There is not much upward movement--only lateral movement. They say there are tons of ways you can go but there's not, just different teams within customer service and a call center.

"It has been a decent company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Service Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Service Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reasons to work for E*TRADE for me are benefits the compensation could be better. I feel the medical and dental insurances are superior. There are also other benefits such as 5% 401k matching and tuition reimbursement

Cons

The downside is the micro management on the lower service teams. It is more of a political game when it comes to promotion. Several individuals come to this company with years of experience and I feel they are belittled to fit the call center mode.

Advice to Management

Really show your appreciation through the bonuses.