E*TRADE Financial - Not an Encouraging Place to Work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial

"Not an Encouraging Place to Work"

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility concerning Telecommuting, the Location was ideal, and the Work/Life Balance was pleasant.

Cons

Compensation Package (low pay compared to competition and/or industry standards) Management (as they were horrible to work with, complete condescending people), In addition they micro-managed and the funny part is that the employees knew more than what they knew. High-Turnover, and outsourcing.

Advice to Management

When depleting the work force in order to save a buck. Try trimming off the people fielded in the managerial positions because in my opinion and based on experience, the lower level employees actually get the work done, while management takes the credit. I guess that's the culture of working in a corporate environment.

Other Employee Reviews for E*TRADE Financial

"This is a good job. It is a call center environment and there are sales quotas."

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Sandy, UT

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The overall work environment is really good. They promote from within and the starting salary is very competitive. They do stress the importance of a positive client experience.

Cons

There is a lot of uncertainty regarding what shift you may have to work which makes it difficult to plan all other aspects of your life. Retirement benefits are currently poor. They will match up to 2.5 percent is all.

Advice to Management

Have recruiters be completely honest regarding the position. I was told this position has no sales aspect. I asked about sales quotas specifically and was told that was not a part of this position. It turns out that your sales ability is a huge part of your performance which affects your evaluation, your bonus potential and your ability to advance your career.

2. "Analyst"

Former Intern - Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Intern - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at E*TRADE Financial as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

down to earth working environment

Cons

Nothing much, only pros that you can have