E&E - It is in general a good place to work at | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for E&E

"It is in general a good place to work at"

Pros

Small company environment
Company is growing very fast
No bureaucratic non sense
Open door policy makes top management including CEO very approachable

Cons

In terms of compensation, you get what you accept at signing.
Small company setting, company implements different policies frequently

Advice to Management

Improve the competency of management
Most of the top management are great managers to get their jobs done but not great leaders to instigate changes nor to inspire employees

Other Employee Reviews for E&E

1. "Friendly workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at E&E full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

* Decent company with good benefits
    * Friendly coworkers and dress casual
    * I enjoy working with motivated people
    * Company location is near freeway access

Cons

* Crowded kitchen space during lunch hour, consider adding a vending machine in 2nd bldg
    * Need to strengthen new hire orientation and understand benefit package better

Advice to Management

* For new hire, need to spend time to brief new employees on company benefits

2. "Full Scope of The Company Profile"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at E&E full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As an employee of this company for 10+ years, the reviews here do not do justice for this company. Grumpy ex-employees offered their pigeonhole perspective which does not truly represent the company’s corporate culture. The company has evolved and transitioned into a key home textile supplier to all major retail chains as well as e-commerce retailers. We were awarded “Vendor of the Year” by Walmart, Target and Wayfair. My review is based on working in headquarters located in Fremont, California. We have regional sales office and showrooms in New York, Roswell Georgia, Bentonville Arkansas, and Plano Texas. Many sales VPs and national sales managers work from home office. There are two distribution centers in California and one in Georgia for domestic shipping and e-commerce fulfillment centers. We currently have over 200 employees working in the headquarters. We embrace cultural diversity and higher percentage of female co-workers (in production, HR, Design and Accounting) than male co-workers (Sales, design & IT dept).
    Below are the key points of working ethics for this company:
    • TEAMWORK – it takes a village to build and create success. If you feel you are the #1 Super Star that company cannot survive without you…..MOVE ON! Some grumpy ex-employees do not see this point.
    • RAPID GROWTH – core teams of sales, design & product development, production, logistics, demand forecast that made us stand out from our competitors. Every element is important to get the big ship’s wheel move forward. Employees need to have ability to adapt the rapid pace and challenges in a small to mid-size company.
    • MULTI-CULTURAL – While the founder and CEO of the company is Chinese, but many Senior VPs and management team are Asian, Caucasian or Hispanics. Based on their ability and leadership skills, you can climb through the corporate ladder without gender bias. We are a zero-tolerance company on sexual harassment.
    • RESULT DRIVEN – Depending on your position (except warehouse positons), working from home is an option. We offer flexible hours, but the primary goal is to get the job done!
    EMPLOYEE PERKS
    • New employee welcome kit – water bottle, jute company bag
    • 100% insurance premium paid on employee after probation
    • Company contributes 3% toward 401K when employee qualifies to vest in
    • 50% discount on company’s retail site
    • Starbucks or Peet’s coffee on premise
    • Vending machine selling snacks and beverage at cost
    • Annual employee sales on samples and discontinued products
    • Summer BBQ and Xmas party

Cons

• Kitchen space is crowded and busy for microwave/oven use during lunch hours. There are 4 outdoor patio tables available in bldg. 1. Another kitchen area is set up in bldg. 2.
    • Lack of communication on personnel changes. I guess this takes a lot of time and effort to create company newsletter on regular basis.
    • Need company directory or department functions within company network on shared drive.