E. & J. Gallo Winery - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Modesto, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Modesto, CA

Pros

Fantastic people, fascinating industry, fast-paced, high level of employee engagement. As an employee, you're able to have a significant direct impact on the business and the company's success. The company is big enough that there are a lot of resources, opportunities, and the ability to move across the organization based on your career interests. It's small enough that it still feels easy to navigate and build key relationships. The private ownership provides financial stability and a focus on sustainability. This is a great place to grow your career long-term. The dynamic industry presents a lot of exciting challenges, there are a wide variety of career opportunities to keep you growing and developing your skills, and the great people make it fun to come to work each day. Many of my colleagues have been here 15+ years, and they're still excited to come to work each day thanks to the fun of the industry and the great people.

Cons

The only downside I've seen is the fact that the company is located in Modesto. However, there are actually a few wins here: 1) Centrally located to a lot of amazing weekend adventures. Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Napa/Sonoma, San Francisco, and the Pacific Ocean are all less than 2 hours away. If you love skiing, mountains, and the outdoors, this can be a big advantage compared to the Bay Area. 2) Much lower cost of living than anywhere else in CA. You can buy a 3BR/2BA 2K square foot house for $350K or less. 3) Warm weather year round. Dry and sunny nearly every day.

Other Employee Reviews for E. & J. Gallo Winery

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at E. & J. Gallo Winery (More than a year)

Pros

Great training and great people

Cons

No work like balance due to crazy hours

2. "Worth The Wait!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Pros

Amazing HR support throughout the interviewing and hiring process - very encouraging and invested in finding the RIGHT role for me, instead of just sticking me anywhere. It's a great family-based working environment, with excellent job perks, welcoming staff/co-workers, competitive salary & benefits, career advancement and growth focused plans set forth by HR and managers, several opportunities to "get involved" and network with co-workers while in the job.

Cons

Not ideal location (Modesto, CA), overall very corporate environment, long interview process (began the discussion with HR 9 months prior to my official start date), Orientation Day for new employees needs an over-haul - it felt like 1st day of grade school mixed with a SUPER corporate and non-enthusiastic presenters and did not go over important related information as much as I hoped for/needed. Boring Horse and Pony show with very little networking or interaction, other than outdated and awkward "Ice Breakers". After Orientation, I didn't leave feeling excited about my job or the company. Additionally, some internal communications and documents, etc need updating and streamlining.

Advice to Management

Overall, the company and the approach needs a little facelift - more modern and current. Otherwise, my experience has been very positive thus far.