E. & J. Gallo Winery - Truly special company! | Glassdoor

"Truly special company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than a year

Pros

The People - They are genuinely nice and make up the entire company. Respect - This is very clear as soon as you walk in the door. Everyone respects the other. There is no not saying hello to a VP level of averting a gaze from as higher up. (Which was very prominent at my last company.) Integrity - Most straight forward and honest people I've ever worked with Humility and Caring - All the family members who work here...

Cons

Challenging to find an opening because not many ever leave this company!

Advice to Management

You are doing this right!

E. & J. Gallo Winery2018-12-05

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

December 6, 2018Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to share your amazing feedback. We are so lucky to have you. Keep up the great work! Cheers!

1. "Excellent company culture, high standards, exceptional senior leadership, well organized"

Current Employee - Corp-Security in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Leadership positions are filled with highly qualified people. This translates into business units that are well managed and productive. Excellent growth opportunities if you set goals and go after them. This is a company that quite a few folks have called home for careers that span decades. People enjoy working for the Gallo Winery. It's stable, modern and innovative!

Cons

The medical benefit program can be an annoyance at times. Health is important, but I am not sure that I approve of the current Vitality program's health assessment penalty system. Increasing monthly healthcare costs for an employee that fails to meet the Vitality program standards is (IMHO) invasive. Vitality should be voluntary and free from penalties. (again, IMHO)

E. & J. Gallo Winery2019-05-19

"Great culture, enthusiasm, teamwork, and leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

People love working here and it shows and it also makes you want to enjoy the work you do. Thus there's a lot of pride in each person's contributions. Leadership is very accessible and supportive of you as a person. Pay is very objective, transparent, and fair. Promotions are merit based and allow for quick recognition.

Cons

Currently lots of movement with a new ERP system and the recently announced acquisition is leading to some temporary uncertainty. The parental paid leave policies are lagging. Only one week of company paid paternity leave currently.

Advice to Management

Largely continue to keep doing what you're doing. Look into some benefits more valuable to your younger workforce, such as extended paid parental leave and student loan assistance.

E. & J. Gallo Winery2019-05-17

Discover more reviews about E. & J. Gallo Winery.