EBI Consulting - I worked at EBI Consulting | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for EBI Consulting

"I worked at EBI Consulting"

Pros

Good company activities for employees

Cons

EBI's culture is driven my snap decisions, an old school philosophy and a lack of understanding of how to treat people. In addition, poor management, poor overall company organization and awful communication rule the day. Compensation is not worth how this job will take over your life. i.e. the company knows full well there is a 60+ hour week expected of anyone they hire and an expect complete loyalty in return. Communication is just non existent, the company knows this and they choose to ignore it, which feeds directly into an extreme resistance to change.

All of this and more is going on at EBI. Though growing EBI is not setting itself up for any sustained success. The leadership of this family run company is too involved, as the company has 400 employees but is run like there is only 60. This company does not have the ability to get of their own way, which comes down on the employees in the form of poor compensation and long hours as they feel that is the path to productivity.

Other Employee Reviews for EBI Consulting

"24/7 job expected to work all hours day/night and weekend. pump projects out like a assembly line."

Current Employee - Staff Scientist
    Current Employee - Staff Scientist

I have been working at EBI Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you don't have to get dressed up LOL

Cons

long days and nights/weekends
    assemblyline type of work, employees are just a number who pump out projects
    no room to grow.
    expected to work holidays, weekends, and no such thing as a sick day...inconsistent reviewers

"Boring and tedious. Expected to work 60+ hour weeks and be on call 24/7"

Former Employee - Staff Scientist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Staff Scientist in Chicago, IL

I worked at EBI Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Most employees work at home, which is a wonderful thing as it allows you to skip the morning commute and work in a comfortable place. However, this also means you never truly be "off work"
    - Company phone is provided (blackberry...)
    - Not a lot of travel, considering that it's a consulting gig

Cons

- Expected to long days, nights, and weekends and be on call 24/7
    - Management has no respect for employees personal lives and will call at all hours even if it's not an emergency
    - Expected to respond to emails within 2 hours, even on weekends
    - Extremely repetitive work! There is little to no room for creative input. You are expected to churn out the same exact reports every single day.
    - The compensation is terrible.
    - They will nickle and dime you over every little expense. They will reprimand you for ordering office supplies from the wrong supplier even if the cost difference is negligible.
    - Management is resistant to change! I created an automated report template that would cut our report writing times in half and they shot it down. Employees are required to use the outdated templates they supply.
    - Shady business practices. There were numerous times where we subcontracted an unlicensed person to perform environmental testing for the sake of cutting costs. We then lied to our clients and told them that we did the work, when really we just subcontracted it out.

Advice to Management

This company is beyond repair. There is nothing you can do to fix this mess.