EBI Consulting - Great Experience. | Glassdoor

"Great Experience."

Current Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA

I have been working at EBI Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership is supportive of employees looking to take on more responsibility
Flexible work schedule
Commission available for most positions
Company is in GROWTH mode

Cons

Coffee isn't great but there is a starbucks around the corner
There are 400+ employees, about half of the company works remotely so getting everyone on the same page can be difficult given there are so many remote employees

Advice to Management

Hire more people.
Open more offices
Encourage phone calls to emails

Other Employee Reviews for EBI Consulting

"It's about commodity, and that's what it is all about."

Current Employee - Program Manager in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at EBI Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family owned, and you typically work from home. Other than that, there aren't really any positives about working for this company.

Cons

There are too many to list. The largest obstacle is that currently there are about 450 employees and the normal accompaniment of their work load should be about 800 employees. The typical workload is now running about an 80 hour work week, for which no one at any level is compensated. EBI will promise bonuses, but it would be foolish to count on these, because they never deliver.

To sum it up, there is very little work life balance, and if you only give 50 to 60 hours a week you will be harassed.

Advice to Management

Management at this point needs to start hiring, otherwise their standing in the field will diminish. There is a high level of burn out associated with all positions mainly because each employee is performing at least three different jobs.

"Boring and tedious. Expected to work 60+ hour weeks and be on call 24/7"

Former Employee - Staff Scientist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Staff Scientist in Chicago, IL

I worked at EBI Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Most employees work at home, which is a wonderful thing as it allows you to skip the morning commute and work in a comfortable place. However, this also means you never truly be "off work"
    - Company phone is provided (blackberry...)
    - Not a lot of travel, considering that it's a consulting gig

Cons

- Expected to long days, nights, and weekends and be on call 24/7
    - Management has no respect for employees personal lives and will call at all hours even if it's not an emergency
    - Expected to respond to emails within 2 hours, even on weekends
    - Extremely repetitive work! There is little to no room for creative input. You are expected to churn out the same exact reports every single day.
    - The compensation is terrible.
    - They will nickle and dime you over every little expense. They will reprimand you for ordering office supplies from the wrong supplier even if the cost difference is negligible.
    - Management is resistant to change! I created an automated report template that would cut our report writing times in half and they shot it down. Employees are required to use the outdated templates they supply.
    - Shady business practices. There were numerous times where we subcontracted an unlicensed person to perform environmental testing for the sake of cutting costs. We then lied to our clients and told them that we did the work, when really we just subcontracted it out.

Advice to Management

This company is beyond repair. There is nothing you can do to fix this mess.