EBSCO Industries - It's not worth it - Best Pick Reports (EBSCO Research) | Glassdoor
  1. "It's not worth it - Best Pick Reports (EBSCO Research)"

Former Employee - Typist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at EBSCO Industries part-time

Pros

Sometimes there would be free food, but it was never enough for the entire office.

Cons

I was completely underpaid (I could get paid more at Wal-Mart). They worked me 36 to 39 hours a week (just short enough so they didn't have to give me benefits). Everyone was awful and mean. The office was a disaster and unless you're a higher up you don't have an office or a decent place to work. Building was right off the highway, so traffic was awful. Some positions are commission based, but not all of them...

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like dirt, give them real pay, and stop living in the 90s. The company is going to go under unless yo do something really fast.

EBSCO Industries2017-10-20
  1. "Great family owned and run business."

Former Employee - Graphic Designer

I worked at EBSCO Industries full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They offered really great benefits.

Cons

Some of the companies under Ebsco are not run as efficiently.

EBSCO Industries2019-02-11
  2. "A solid, sleepy company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at EBSCO Industries full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good work life balance. High salary in The Birmingham office. Better than average profit sharing plan.

Cons

It's an older, sleepier company. Lot's of unrefined, random software development processes are half baked, and pushed down to lower workers from above.

Advice to Management

Please get rid of the wall of employees between engineers and customers. Product Owners, Scrum masters, Managers, they all get in the way of our end goal, helping the customer. Most of the roles should be hybridized with a regular development role, so people don't get so out of touch about what we are actually building for people. We are a software company, not a processes company.

EBSCO Industries2019-08-02

Discover more reviews about EBSCO Industries.