Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A unique product backed by smart passionate people

Sep 3, 2019 - Data Science
    Business Outlook

Pros

No company is perfect but of all the startups and larger companies I have worked for I can honestly say this is the best place I've worked at. Some things EDITED really need to improve on but these are far outweighed by the benefits and the sense of accomplishment I get working here. For me the main pros are: - Company is made up of passionate, smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds - Great benefits - An interesting, varied product to work on - Extremely social place to work - High impact roles. Not a cog in a machine.

Cons

EDITED has made mistakes with management and processes in the past. But they have learned from the mistakes and the company has made massive progress on addressing some of its shortcomings. I still think there are some things that need addressing such as: - Has struggled with effective senior management in some areas - Fast paced and things can change quickly without warning - Business wide decision making process should be more transparent

3 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work, full of amazing people

Jun 17, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

EDITED is truly the best place I’ve ever worked. No employer is perfect, but I think they come pretty close. Some of my favorite things about EDITED are the autonomy, lack of micromanagement, flexible work hours, work/life balance and tons of time off. The best thing by far though are the people. You get to work with such talented, smart, passionate people, both in the US and the UK. Everyone has been amazing, and I’ve seen so many life-long friendships be born here. EDITED is a super collaborative environment, even across offices, which I think the company does a really good job of. While the company is inching closer towards 100 employees, it still has a nice tight-knit feel to it, and things like bringing your own ideas to the table and trying new things is something that’s valued. You also get to work with an industry-leading product that’s helping change the retail industry, all while working with people at some of the top brands around the world. The environment here is also very fast-paced, and things can change quickly. To do well here, you need to be quick on your feet and comfortable with that. Management is great and will help you in any way they can, but there won’t be much hand-holding. Some would say that’s a con, but I prefer it and thought it should be listed with the pros. The senior management team, including the co-founders, are very approachable and you have direct access to them whenever you need to chat. They’re super transparent, even down to company financial information and how we’re doing. It’s rare to find that at most companies. I’ve been at companies large and small, and none of them come close to the experience you get here. This is definitely a company you can come into and grow so much, both personally and professionally. There’s so much opportunity, and I really feel it’s a place where you can go very far if you work hard and are passionate about the company and what you do.

Cons

If you asked me several months ago, I would have told you a lack of management in the US and dependency on Google Suite for many internal processes. Luckily, these are being solved, with US leadership hires over the past few months and rollouts of new tools that will help run processes more consistently and efficiently.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Not as fun and positive as it seems

Aug 7, 2019 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

great vacation policy, fun startup environment when not dealing with politics and stress

Cons

super cliquey and not inviting, it will take time and it's quite difficult to get comfortable. Zero communication from founders. Product super stagnant, no improvements when many customers were requesting them making a customer facing role super difficult. Lack of process in everything. It's a mess. They take their time to go through the hiring process but will fire with no warning, over and over and over again. That's just the culture. Honestly, I wouldn't go for it if you're interviewing with the company. Lots of better startups out there with better culture, process, pay and product.

Continue reading
    12 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about EDITED.