EDSI - Thorough Training and Great Support | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for EDSI

"Thorough Training and Great Support"

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at EDSI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Flex Program (gives us 3 day weekends every other week)
* 2 Week Paid Training (the training was very thorough and extremely helpful to help hit the ground running)
* Mentorship (throughout my first few months of employment, my assigned mentor was a great asset)
* Room for Advancement (in my short time here, I have seen 2 co-workers get promotions)

Cons

* Comparatively Low Starting Salary (compared to other companies in this city, the starting salary is about 20% lower)
* No Bonus Incentive for Individual Performance (having been used to compensation tied to performance, this has been difficult to adjust to)

Advice to Management

The management at our center is organized and has done a good job improving our performance. The best advice I can give to management at headquarters is to establish a bonus incentive program for individual performance.

Other Employee Reviews for EDSI

"A great company held back by it's own inconsistencies."

Current Employee - Staff Member in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Staff Member in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at EDSI full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flex Time
    Working to help better the community.
    No nights/weekends/holidays.

Cons

Most of the contracts are based on government funding which seems to be shrinking every year.
    The Corporate office is the epitome of Nepotism.
    When yearly merit increases are handed out the max is 5% for staff except those at the Corporate office who are handed out 10-15% increases despite the local offices having to support Corporate instead of the other way around.
    Staff at the Corporate office are allowed to take month long vacations with pay while the handbook says 13 days for anyone with 5+ years of service.
    General inconsistencies in the enforcement of policy at the local and corporate levels.
    Local managers seem helpless to correct staff who do not operate with the companies 3 core values of Smile, Show Up and Support.
    HR seems to be unable to make any decisions about employees as all decisions come from the CEO, even when they are in opposition of the companies lawyer.
    Fiscal department seems to be filled with people who do not have any form of fiscal background or education.

Advice to Management

Revamp the structure at the corporate office. Less wasteful spending. Support the local employees better. They are the ones on the front line doing the grunt work.

"Lousy company, cheap, stingy, miserly"

Current Contractor - Resume Writer in Norristown, PA
    Current Contractor - Resume Writer in Norristown, PA

I have been working at EDSI as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can think of nothing good to say about EDSI. They are stingy with their money and offer hardly any time off. Two weeks time off is the most anyone will ever get no matter how long they're with the company. Though I'd bet the president and officers of the company aren't bound by this restriction.

Cons

Low pay, terrible benefits, miserly "vacation" plan. Two weeks time off includes sick and vacation days, so if you're in the hospital for a week, you've lost a week's vacation time.