EF Education First - A Great First Step, Not A Good Career | Glassdoor

"A Great First Step, Not A Good Career"

Current Employee - Compliance Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than a year

Pros

I genuinely enjoy my colleagues that I work with, and am passionate about the mission of the product and company. My coworkers and I hang out often outside of work, and EF always has other things to get involved with. I've had paid travel opportunities presented on a regular basis. EF has a great benefits package, time off policy, and culture. Office is gorgeous and has both amazing views and natural light.

Cons

Very high amount of turnover, which senior management admits is a part of their business model. Generally low salaries for the amount of time spent in the office. Professional development programs are lacking. The open office plan is very loud and can be distracting.

Advice to Management

Find amazing people, and fight to retain them. So many hours and resources are spent training new staff that could instead be invested into increasing salaries and professional growth opportunities.

EF Education First2017-04-30
  1. "So Rewarding!"

Current Contractor - Teacher

I have been working at EF Education First for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility Great students Staff is very helpful

Cons

Pay.... It's very low. Is there any opportunity for increasing?

Advice to Management

I love my students! I absolutely enjoy teaching the kiddos! I even sang with one of my students today! It was great! I hope you all will consider raises on the salary, though! Hope there are opportunities to work for corporate remotely.

EF Education First2019-12-17
  2. "Fun Company"

Current Employee - Educational Tour Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Young environment feel - Very collaborative - Your voice will always be heard and the company values employee feedback - Everyone is contagiously happy and hard working - They throw amazing parties as well

Cons

- Salary, not so great

EF Education First2020-01-22

Discover more reviews about EF Education First.