EF Education First - Tour Consultant | Glassdoor

"Tour Consultant"

Former Employee - Tour Consultant in Cambridge, MA

I worked at EF Education First full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good travel opportunities (the only reason this job got a 3). Great brand team who is adept at covering up negative reviews on glass door.

Cons

Very bad pay for the amount of work you are required to do. The bonus system is based off unattainable goals. Whatever numbers you got the previous year, even if it was the best year your territory has ever had, they will ask you for a 20% increase the following year in order to receive you bonus. This is why people leave after 2 years. Also, there are very few ways to move up. There are only ways to move horizontally. Also, management will treat you like a child and attempt to use "free beer" or "free swag" to distract employees from their low pay. They will also choose favorites, which would be fine, except that the ones they dont choose are chosen to suffer in meetings filled with inappropriate topics and passive aggressive comments.

Advice to Management

Go back to school and learn some real management techniques. You are all petty. Try to be professional. Stop spreading rumors about your employees and act like adults. After YEARS of employees complaining about the pay, you spend millions o dollars on a BIKE TEAM?! Great job. good thinking. way to show off how much disposable money you have. smart.

EF Education First2017-09-22
  1. "So Rewarding!"

Current Contractor - Teacher

I have been working at EF Education First for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility Great students Staff is very helpful

Cons

Pay.... It's very low. Is there any opportunity for increasing?

Advice to Management

I love my students! I absolutely enjoy teaching the kiddos! I even sang with one of my students today! It was great! I hope you all will consider raises on the salary, though! Hope there are opportunities to work for corporate remotely.

EF Education First2019-12-17
  2. "Fun Company"

Current Employee - Educational Tour Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Young environment feel - Very collaborative - Your voice will always be heard and the company values employee feedback - Everyone is contagiously happy and hard working - They throw amazing parties as well

Cons

- Salary, not so great

EF Education First2020-01-22

Discover more reviews about EF Education First.