EF Education First - Recommended as a step to find a career | Glassdoor

"Recommended as a step to find a career"

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Zürich

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of projects to take care of (all sales oriented). Possible jump to other positions. Great colleagues.

Cons

Lack of knowledge in top-management positions. Salespersons are promoted to positions where they have little to no knowledge. There's no clear future path. Things are done on a weekly basis and driven by Country Sales Managers. The 360 (yearly) evaluations lack a purpose, they serve just as an incentive to push you further into accepting more requests. There's no real improvement to be taken from those feedback sessions. Salaries are beyond market rates. (25% below)

Continue reading
    EF Education First2018-01-15
  1. "Great job!"

Former Employee - Resident Advisor in Miami Beach, FL

I worked at EF Education First part-time for more than a year

Pros

This was an opportunity of a lifetime. I could have asked for a best staff.

Cons

There are no cons working here.

EF Education First2020-02-22

"Bad Work-Life Balance"

Former Employee - Activities Manager

I worked at EF Education First full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of cool, pink EF-themed gear. Lovely co-workers and you have the chance to interact with awesome international students!

Cons

You will certainly work for every cent that you make and you won't make that much! They do not hire enough summer staff members, so be prepared to wear many hats and work a lot. During my time there, our minimum work week was 50 hours. However, we would often push closer to 60 during particular busy moments (e.g. student arrival and departures). Because I was a salaried employee (as opposed to hourly), I was not be compensated for this extra time spent even though I was EXPECTED to stay behind in the office/arrive early to address concerns. Depending on which site you work at, you may have to pick up the Senior Team's slack on very short notice. We're all human, yes. But, at times senior staff members will drop the ball and will fail to be transparent about it.

Continue reading
    EF Education First2020-02-24

Discover more reviews about EF Education First.